Scrog Density Question

Davey

Hullo again!

I'm planning to do a ScrOG with my ninja-like stealth cabinet :unsure:. I have a simple question, brought on by reading a post of OT1's just now...

Due to height restrictions, I was planning on going pretty much direct into 12/12 once my clones have rooted. I know this wont allow the root-ball to develop as much as if you re-potted a few times in different pots.

I was planning on growing 2 to 4 plants in 18x18cm square pots (20cm tall) as advised by Mr Arnold Layne.

So my question is thus;

Would it be better (more efficient?) for me to put the rooted clones directly into 12/12 in these pots or should I use smaller pots, but more of them? SOG style, but still using the screen to form a ScrOG.

Thanks for any advice,

Hugs and Kisses,

Dave.

hi davey, I would advise against putting your rooted clones directly into such large pots because, as you've already identified, they will not fill the pots with roots. for that to happen you need to pot up in stages (up to 4 times). if you want to keep your veg time down then pot up into several 6 inchers, wait for roots to appear at the bottom and flower (sog style) :wink:

Edited by Owderb

Thanks for moving this post whoever did it - i knew there as a general question forum but couldnt remember where :doh: Had to rush off to collect my new car :guitar:.

Ill have to see how much head room I have to play with when I start my grow - with it being a ScrOG once the screen is reached there will be no more repotting, obviously. I guess i'll top the plant early to keep it down, and try and get at least 2 or 3 re-pottings done to get into the 18x18 pots.

Does this sound like a good idea anyone?

Hugs and Kisses,

Dave.

g day Davey

ideal bud spacing in scrog really depends on the strain, mostly sativa like around 5inch square per big crown and the small tight indicas can go alittle closer maby 3inch2.

Next visit to grow shop look for some RED grow netting in 5 inch squares perfect for the bigger plants where one bud per square will do the job.

Most of the strains i grow are hybrids and i like to pack the room full, so i use a simple garden trellis 1inch square holes wher i place roughly one bud per 3 squares.

enjoy the new car me and my brother are going down to the puplic auctions this weekend looking at a few late 90s skylines that have either been siezed or dead in one way or the other. $30 000 cars for under $8k

post-13066-1154061873_thumb.jpg

post-13066-1154061902_thumb.jpg

g day Davey

ideal bud spacing in scrog really depends on the strain, mostly sativa like around 5inch square per big crown and the small tight indicas can go alittle closer maby 3inch2.

Next visit to grow shop look for some RED grow netting in 5 inch squares perfect for the bigger plants where one bud per square will do the job.

Most of the strains i grow are hybrids and i like to pack the room full, so i use a simple garden trellis 1inch square holes wher i place roughly one bud per 3 squares.

enjoy the new car me and my brother are going down to the puplic auctions this weekend looking at a few late 90s skylines that have either been siezed or dead in one way or the other. $30 000 cars for under $8k

Hi Snap Crackle Pop, thats some really good info! Thanks a lot! I was wondering about those pictures (which are mighty impressive!). What size pots are they in and what sort of regime did you use to get them into it (directly from clones, or moved up up from smaller pots and topped)?

My new car is nowhere near exciting as a skyline! Its a 1991 VW Golf 1.6. Still, its a step up from my diesal fiesta! :ninja:

Hugs and Kisses,

Dave.