Envirolite

wanhunlo

Hi.

Been using an 125w enviro for 4-5 days & noticed that some of the white plastic around the holder is now scorched is this normal ? or is this something to worry about ,these enviro look a bit on the flimsy side if you ask me beginning to think i should have gone down the HPS route with a bigger extractor.

Cheers.

Edited by wanhunlo

Hi.

Been using an 125w enviro for 4-5 days & noticed that some of the white plastic around the holder is now scorched is this normal ? or is this something to worry about ,these enviro look a bit on the flimsy side if you ask me beginning to think i should have gone down the HPS route with a bigger extractor.

Cheers.

Hi mate, been using enviros for a little over two years now, and the scorching is normal, all mine have done it, dunno why, coz they are always cool as with my fan running. hope this eases your mind a little.

Just a small scorche mark nothing major , i noticed that glass stuff in between the tubes doesn't look to healthy either looks easy breakable anyway, fitted smoke alarm yesterday so not to worried but i think a step up to HPS after my first grow as iam not to happy about them in my room while iam out to be honnest.

post-14048-1153929552_thumb.jpg

im running 1 200watt red and 1 125 blue enviro and im not seeing anything like that on them

it could be a dodgy bulb

does it start ok?

Iam running lights off in the day for a few hours during the hottest part of the day , max temp ive had was 30 deg , i dont have an osc fan blowing on the bulb all the time as my fan is to powerfull for putting in the drobe should have another tommorow , no problems wuth the bulb starting.

Edited by wanhunlo

I'd send that pic to whoever you bought it off and ask for a replacement, they should send you one out and then you can send the bust one back - 'cos that is bust. Bulbs shouldn't do that as the carbon that's depositing on that casing has to be coming from somewhere...

Thanks guys i'l send it back , the whole thimg has kind of put me off enviro growing though TBH , having to use my red bulb now in week one :guitar: i'l keep my eye on this bulb & if does the same i'l havto ditch my grow saftey first.

Cheers.

are you hanging them vertically or horizontal???

i choose to hang mine horizontal with a reflector as the heat will rise

and could cause damage to the inbuilt starter

No matter ive got a top of the range 250w HPS on the way guess i'l just wait until the cooler weather comes & hopefully my TD160 can cope.

BTW they were hung in a reflector & i still say there cheap crap but thats just my view.

Edited by wanhunlo

• 2 weeks later...

My Blue enviro has the same scorching but my Red does'nt.

It still seem's to be doing the job so i don't think its a problem :applause: