Potting Gooey X Old School And Oasis In Same Pot?

StealthCropper

Yo! Ive just rooted a couple of Gooey Old School and Oasis clones (2 of each), and was wondering if anyones got advice on planting two, or three plants in the same pot. Obviously I would be using a nice big pot, around 20 litre, and the clones are exactly the same, pheno, stature, height etc. Does anyone do it? I think it would be good to save space and reduce visibility of my outdoor plants. Does anyone have info on whether Id have to feed them double doses and water them twice as much accordingly? Also, is it recommended or doed it cause more problems than its worth. Let us kno if anyone has any thoughts. Peace.

Guest Red Dragon

Hiya stealthcropper;

No reason why you cant do it. I always plant 2 or 3 tomato plants in a single planter.

That said, the compost you give your plants will have to be shared by the pot residents (however many there may be) and you'll normally find one plant gets stronger as another struggles in its shadow.

Its not really the done thing in canna growing - more than one plant per pot, but ultimately its your choice and there's no reason for it not to work if you keep on top of feeding.

Good luck :doh:

RD

OK I hear ya. Not reccomended at all eh?

Its just annoyin cos im restricted by the number of pots(and therefore plants) in my back garden. Is it possible to grow one plant to the size of two by topping etc? If so then it doesnt really matter, I just thought rather than givin them away, at least I could grow em out. But if you think Id be better off growin just singular plants out then sobeit. That means I loose two plants. DOH!

short of space ...just sorted that one , went B&Q got 6 pots narrow bout 6 inches across but real deep bout 2 foot, meant i could get 4 where i was getting 2. I had to drill holes in bottom and put em in saucers, worked fine

you never know might be usefull

cheers