Trimming Roots / Transplanting Rockwool Cubes

SirBob

I have 6 PoG clones, just rooted in 1" rockwool cubes.

Should i nip off the protruding roots to allow the the growth to be equal between the clones? Some are taking off faster than others.

Also, when should i transplant these into 3" rock wool cubes? Should i follow the soil method of letting them fill up each pot to give a dense root system, or does this not apply to hydro? :yinyang:

Cheers

Bob :unsure:

Roots are crucial to plant development.

ive read a thread about OT1 trimming the tap root of clones to make them more uniform in a sog environment, surely this would still apply to clones in rockwool cubes? :soap:

Also, when is the best time to transplant a 1" cube into a 3" inch cube? Or shall i just do away with this and whack it in my flood and drain system? :yinyang:

Best time is as soon as the roots start coming out of the 1" block :rofl:

Yes you can trim roots to uniform them but its a risk you take as root probs can occur ;)

If you do want to root trim then treat with something like soil secrets bioroot or similar but personally I wouldnt bother trimming ;)

Owd :wassnnme:

Best time is as soon as the roots start coming out of the 1" block ;)

Yes you can trim roots to uniform them but its a risk you take as root probs can occur ;)

If you do want to root trim then treat with something like soil secrets bioroot or similar but personally I wouldnt bother trimming ;)

Hi owd :)

The clones have only just rooted, and there are a few short roots coming out from the bottom of the larger cuttings.

Would you mind saying what kind of root probs?

I've got some rhizotonic, would that do? ;)

Cheers mate :rofl:

Pithium being one and possible viruses if left untreated :rofl:

Rhizotonic would be fine if you did trim but soak the 3" cubes in it before transplanting the 1" into them;)

Edited by Owderb

Pithium being one and possible viruses if left untreated :rofl:

Rhizotonic would be fine if you did trim but soak the 3" cubes in it before transplanting the 1" into them;)

Ok, Cheers Owd! ;)