Seed V Cuttings

sizzle 420

Hi Guys!

Wondered if anyone could give me some advise plz

I'm still a bit of a novice... i'v grown from fem seeds each time.. with good results and large yeilds.... thing is id like to try a few cuttings and mabey a mother... well i say id like to try..iv allready got the cuttings!! :yahoo:

After talking to the guy who i got my cuttings off, he says that after they have rooted he grows in veg untill about 12-15 inchs... Then into flower... in total he says it usualy takes about 3 months... and he gets about 28g (Dry) off each plant.

What i was wondering is... a cutting taking 3 months and only producing 28g(Dry) seems a low yeild compared to a plant grown from seed which can produce about 250g or more taking only a few months more...

I dont want you to think im greedy!!..... its just a question... and like the idea of keeping my fav strains going.... Mabey the guy who i got them off hasnt got the right conditions going for him yet...

So im in a bit of a dilemer.. Me n my partner smoke about 28g per week, roughly 1500g per year...were used to growing from seed and getting two large yeilds per year which we dry and can store..

It looks like a bit more work and a few more plants... its not the work coz i like that.. its the amount of cuttings i'll need compared to plants grown from seed.

Going off this guys advice id need about 8 cuttings to produce 250g compared to just 1 plant from seed

Then if i think about my yearly amount of about 1500g i feel like crying!!

Right I feel as if i am babbaling now.... hopefully one of you guys can make sence of what im on about and shed me a little light ;) .... if not.. no worries

:)

:yahoo: Cheers u Guys :yahoo:

:yinyang:

IME It vaires from strain to strain as to whether the seed-palnt or the clones yield most. Generally speaking the clones do.

How tall did you let your seed-plants get before going 12/12?

I flower most of my clones at the moment at around the 15 - 18 inch mark, they stretch to maybe 3 or 4 foot, maybe a bit less, it vaires from strain to strain. Yield wise I average 1.25 to 1.5 per plant, with occasional 2 Oz plants here and there.

Yield is down to good root development and good environment as much as it is to genetics or being grown from seed or clone.

Try a read of this.

Edited by Arnold Layne

hi

just to jump in here :) with ? but still seed v cuts :yinyang:

my grow from seed the plants ar all over the place hight that is :yahoo: with 18 inch diff in some plants

make positioning the light a pain ;/

by useing 1 mother and taking cuts am i likely to have an even hight range on my grow

i would top all to same hight b4 12/12

thanks b

Thanks Guys for a fast reply!!

Arnold Layne nice thred buddy....cheers!..

Fatmanbob: Cutting's are great because once you've got a good mother plant, you'll never have any problems with males/hermies or crap genetics..... Thought so... sounds like they guy i know is mabey doing it like you said... 'Sea of Green' style; ie: growing many small plants.... cheers....

And bart...how could i not mention you buddy... nail on the head... growing from seed dose produce problems with differnt hights.....

well i feel loads better... mabey were been to nice saying my mate is growing 'Sea of Green' style.... When i went round to get cuttings, his room was way 2 hot.. no extraction/vent.. really messy (old leaves n shit on the floor) and he didnt offer me a coffee!!!.......I didnt just come home with cuttings... I got a free infestation of spider mite from him too..... I'v bought some Buzzoff from uk420 shop, cant wait for it to arrive!!

If im honest i probally just wanted to moan a bit.... fecking spider mites....aaaagggggg......:)

anyway... cheers u guys.. most appreciated.......... :yinyang: