Got some cash to spend

Jammin

Got a little bit of cash to throw around at the mo and i really want to get an indoor grow going now the weather is shite. So ive secured a space, width 77inches, depth 19inches, height 72inches. Ive got three 400watt ballasts. One i bought, two industrial thorns that i err, aquired. :)

Although i feel it would be a great shame to leave these gathering dust, they are big and heavy, all in one hanging ballast jobbies. 17 At any rate, id be interested what system people think would work best. Yield in mind i guess. (no surprises there) Say a budgit of £200 and an extractor is a must. Cheers for all help.

Jamin

C'mon people!? Share the knowledge! My grow space is really long, and thin so im pretty stuck deciding what best to do with it. 1.6 m long to be exact, just over. And .49m wide. Eek. Ive got my eye on the growell light rail but its too long! Esoteric hydroponics have one thats 1.5m which would fit, but its £205!<<<<< Anyone know of a better price???

As for a system, can anyone please tell me what they think would be the best setup for such an awkward space. Im thinking of a drip system, but pots is fine. Or maybe ill grow in pots and set up a drip system to automate the feeding. At any rate, any help much appreciated.

Jamin

okay....ya got me, I'll bite......

As a single chamber affair...

I make the dimensions of your thing about 6.4'L x 1.6 'D x 6 'H

If all your ballasts are for HPS, I'd go for two of the 400 ballasts in that space. I think that gives about 80W per sq. feet.

Vents, you need to be shifting about 60cu.feet every five minutes. PRobably more like 80-100cu feet gien the two lamps running in there

Or, you could divide the space up if you want. Either vertically down the the middle to create a pair or growing chambers, which may be tricky due to the height. Or you could shove an open fronted box/table/frame of some sort in the bottom few feet. That way you could get a couple of flouros and have a veg chamber for the bottom 2 ft, cost <£100, and the top 4ft could be the flowering stage with the 2 400W in it.

My 2p anyhow!

Cheers mate. Like the idea of the two stage grow rooms. Not so sure about having them one on top of the other, space is a bit tight, any thoughts on having three parts, sorta like this;

-------------------------------

-mothr- main veg -

-plant - and flwr -

- - -

---------- -

-ctngs - -

-------------------------------

only one of my lights is feasable to use in such a small space, so im running it on one of those light rails, hopefully make the most of what i got until i can afford a new light!

Thanks again dalata, anyone else>?