I Think They Might Be Dying

jimllectric

Hello,

I've been lurking a long time now, finally started a grow to put all the (supposed) information i have gathered from this site into practice... well it was going swimmingly....

and then...

Came back after 3 days away and the bottom leaves have turned yellow and are withering away, some even broke up in my hand when i touched them and others had fallen off...

they're lowryders and are nearly 3 weeks old... i've been keeping them in a small cupboard with a 125w envirolite & pc fans to keep it cool. was thinking that because of the warm weather it could be heat, but the faq's on the site say that the whole plant would wither and yellow.

and then i started looking at nute problems, because i haven't ever given them nutes. they were potted in b&q compost and seemed to be thriving, but now not so :rofl: are the pots too small? (they're in 2l coke bottles) there's just so much conflicting information out there...i feel lost!

please help me brainstorm my little problem, i was really looking forward to smoking them!!

i'll sort out some pictures...

cheers

Edited by jimllectric
  • Like 1

How long have they been in veg. in those 2 litre pots ?

How close is the light ?

All things being well, the fan leaves die off gradually once the plant decides it's flowering time.

I always feel I'm "charging them up" in veg. so the plant can draw on them for food in flowering.

If you have a look at my grow you'll see some yellowing leaves at the bottom

EDIT :-

Just seen that they're autoflowering lowryders ...

Edited by compostverte

All things being well, the fan leaves die off gradually once the plant decides it's flowering time.

Lower ones may do so due to distance from light, and others may do so as the plant reaches maturity, but you don't really want to be losing them "once the plant decides its flowering time" (that'd be week 2 of 12/12 when they need all the fan-leaf power they can get). Just my opin, like.

Lowryder/small cupboard/coke bottle???/125W/alone for 3 days

Hmmmm

I'd remove it from cupborad, repot it into clean fresh compost in a decent pot (maybe 6L, depending on how much rootball you've got), and put it near a window (south facing preferably). More light there I would have thought? And I'd be keeping a regular daily eye on it.

But lowryder aint my bag, so others may disagree

As someone with a lot more experience than me Arny, what do you think of mine ?

I haven't fed them much, but if anything they're a teeny bit over-fed - at least the dark-leaved phenos are ... the older leaves are a bit too dark and the tips are curled-under.

post-14131-1153310159_thumb.jpg

7 days of 12/12

Unfortunately my photos are a bit crap.

Edited by compostverte

As someone with a lot more experience than me Arny, what do you think of mine ?

I haven't fed them much, but if anything they're a teeny bit over-fed - at least the dark-leaved phenos are ... the older leaves are a bit too dark and the tips are curled-under.

They look Ok to me M8, but why did you start to feed? Did they show signs of hunger? :headpain: It took me years to learn that lesson, bloody years I'm so damned dense I must've over-nuted more plants than enough!! Plants are best fed when hungry and not before.

i can see I've got into the bad habit of thinking of my diluted B and Q as inert. Looking back at the photos of my last grow I see now that they are all much too green and they ended up really lanky :-

post-14131-1153310976_thumb.jpg

I can see now that I may actually not need any veg nutrients with 6 litres of compost mix.

I read elsewhere that you used to use the Chempak no.8 low nitrogen in early flowering ...I have a box of that ... meanwhile I'll try and resist temptation until the plants complain ... :headpain:

i've been vegging sets for 8 weeks, all the time potting up every ten days or so to a final 12" square pot size

am i right in thinking that the 2 biobizzees are only really needed when the4y go to flower?

(eppy being chucked in at week 4 of veg & 3 of flower)

cheers for the replies...

i potted them into bigger containers (5 litre), gave them a good watering with some tomato food and put them outside - they seem to be picking up a bit, they're only 3 weeks from seed, so they're still only tiny, about 4" high and 6 nodes. killed a couple of runts - they just weren't growing, so am left with 5, 3 Female, 1 male and a late shower....

just hope they pull through...

thanks

Air transfer sir air transfer ;)

Owd :wink:

Splendid Owd, where are we going? somewhere nice? will there be Cheetahs? :)