Getting The Best Result From My 4 X 4 Space.

Fishy

A big hello to those with the wisdom of experience.

I have had minimal practice, I need some help planning my grow.

I have a single 4ft by 4ft (8ft high) grow room, 600W, 5inch RVK in and 6inch out. Soil and organic nutes.

I will be growing from seed, I have indica dominant - DP Blueberry, Sensi Afghani and ICE

My questions are to do with the logistics of pot size and sexing and ultimately getting the best result from my space.

1. I’ll be growing straight from seed to bud. What is the smallest pot size I can veg in until pre-flower, without hindering root development?

2. For flowering, I can neatly fit 16 x 10litre pots or 9 x 15 litre pots. Will the plants fulfil there potential in the 10 lire pots? What would you go for considering the tight space?

3. Once sex is shown I could re-pot the ladies into the 10litre or 15litre pots. Would you veg a little longer after re-potting to allow roots to spread through bigger pot or go straight to flower?

4. I believe that veging until pre-flower could take around 4/5 weeks of growth. Am I in danger of creating plants that will be too big (bushy) for their space?

Any advice from experienced growers would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Hello mate I'll have a go for ya :yinyang:

1 I myself pot up in stages but never use a pot bigger than a ltr until they have shown sex

2 Yes 10ltr pots will be ideal and I can assure you that is not a tight space

3 You always want to make sure that your final pot has a few nice roots coming out of the bottom holes before you flower

4 They can take up to 10 weeks to show depending on the strain.If you keep em in smaller pots before they show preflowers then no you wont have a prob especially with the height you have.

Having said that you have to be very careful with sativa's

Owd :smoke:

Edited by Owderb

Thank you Owd,

This is great news as i can get lots of seedlings going in the smaller pots and then select only the best females for flowering.

Thanks again