Veg box

Aveburyman

Hi Hemlok

Not an uphill gardener by the way ;)

Finished the veg box, looks grand. Nice white cupboard with the three lights hanging below the adjustable shelf. The backboard was to weak, now I can start sowing the seeds.

Look forward to many more chats with you.

Regards

Thanks for the wiring insturctions Hemlock, simple when you know how! & a good link from Julian aswell :huh:

All done and dusted, lights work like a dream! much better than my old flo,s. They seam much brighter with less heat. B) and all with one cable and a plug :oldtoker:

Nice one!

All the best,

Bud Brother

hey guys , three of these bulbs in a bedroom ceiling triple spot fitting, would give you the equiv, would it????? I might try one in the toilet ;) sj

Just to give my 2p worth, I came unstuck with compact fluoros on my first grow because I bought the standard warm light ones. Little did I realise that the light spectrum these units produce is not very effective for growing plants. These days I use four standard 4' cool white fluorescent tubes for cuttings and veg growth. They're cheap and effective.

• 4 weeks later...

No probs mate,

just trying to help ! now then those bulbs you have seen at b&q are along the lines of what you are looking for but they are very expensive, do you have a 'LIDL' shop anywhere near ? if so go into there and you should find some 20w (100w eq) enrgy savers for £2.49 each !!! it's a little late for me as i have already bought some 23w bulbs £7 each  never mind though.

For vegging i was thinking of keeping them in the box until they are 12" (seems to be the general concensus) keeping the light on 24/7 as they are energy efficent  and then moving them up to the flower room with a 250w hps on them for the rest of the time. if i can help in any other way just let me know ok bud !

keep at it mate your good work.

take care

hemlok

see that LIDL price does that include any kind of fitting and if not how much is the fitting?

Hi

I used 3 x 20w compact flueros from Focus (£9) which fit into a normal bayonet light fittings and my babies are now 12" tall with 7 sets of leaves and look very healthy to me. This little vegging setup was built inside an old 2 foot high cupbourd with shelf and although I have used a fan (to strengthen the stems) the temp has not been a problem as the only heat in there is the heat generated by the flueros. I don't think it has ever gone above the ambient temp.

This is my first go at growing and am now just about ready to put my 6 babies into the grow room. Fingers crossed, there will be some females.

Avebury :woot:

• 2 weeks later...

I've bought a couple of Eterna 60w max tungsten strip lights from B&Q, but i'm fucked if i know whether they're cool white.....LSC284SW is written on 'em. Does this mean Soft White??

Please tell me they're ok, cos i binned the receit! :!:

• 1 month later...

This is a pic of a growbox I made a couple of years ago which is still in service.

It's basically a chest of drawers which I found dumped.

The setup keep a good temperature for clones and seeds.

I stress the growbox is for vegging only as it is not lightproof.

You can't clone for sex with it.

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.ph...p?postid=138129

Regards

chrisesq