extractors and contractors??

psu8c1

sorry if im repeating stuff that is on here somewhere else but id like a few ideas cleared up.

i will be growing in a small area about 3 foot in hight (possibly a bit taller if i smash out the middle shelf in the cubord) and am worried about the heat a 400w lamp will put out. im in rented (student) accomodation and dont realy want to alter furniture unless necessary so will ventilation be ok it it consists of a normal osscilating fan pointed into the open cubord during the 'day'.

i realise this will lose light but need to comprimise to keep heat down.

also, i have a timer aquired from B&Q or the like. i just read somewhere that this will blow due to the 400w lamp. is this so?

if so do i need a contractor, and what the **** is one of them?

cheers

Yeah you need a contactor, details pinned to the top of this board. Easy to make just follow the instructions. I only run a 250 HPS and decided for safety and peace of mind this was the best way to go. A B&Q timer is not able to handle to inductive charge of your lamp on startup causing the contacts to fuse. You use your home made contactor/relay with you timer plug to deal with this. It is really easy to build took me about 20 minutes. I think that is right anyway?!?!

On the ventilation I will leave that one. All I know is my 250 gets hot so I would assume a 400 gets even hotter. There are a few ventilation experts that will be able to give you the best advice.

Good luck. Wish I had thought of growing as a student.