Conservatory Grow Advice Needed

Living Societies Dream

i have started a new grow in my conservatory. this is my first grow this way. i usually grow under4000 watt hps closet style.

so will this work?? i will try to include as much info as i can think to be relevant but ask me if i forgot something.

i have already started them. one group is mothers finest the other group is northern lights.

the seeds i have sproated and out of 15 total i have 11 in all with 8 already 13" high in 8" pots with westlands with added john innes and perlite. feed with canna nuts (veg & flower)

they are roughly 6 to 8 weeks old as i started late april/early may. they look good . (pics posted below). i have topped them after the 4th internod. i will be taking cuttings later this week when the tops take off.

i know they should double in size after flowering (i have grown for 4 yrs odd so i know the way things work but this is my first outdoor/conservatory/glass grow so a noob in this respect and things may/will be different). i will putting them into a closet at night to force flowering. i would like them to be no higher then 4.5 feet tall.

i will cloning for females and mothers in the near future (3 weeks from now or sometime there abouts) when they are tall and establisjhed enough.

my conservatory is not south facing. i get direct sunlight on the roof of the conservatory at about 10:00am until roughly 8:00 pm. plants can see the sun unobstructed from about 11:30am until 6:30pm. the temps are high roughly 30 degree C average during the day. however temps this weekened reached 38 degrees C. humidity is ranging from 10% to 86% with a high temp of 38 and a low of 24 degrees C. within my conservatory i have blinds (ikea design. they let light through but do obsure things to what degree i will asking you all what you think)

so questions i have. everyone is welcome to weigh in and reply dont hold back.

1. is there much differnece when growing this way compared to a closet hps grow?

2. how much longer will the flowering period be extended?

3. how will it matter that i have the blinds down compared to naked glass. (i like the security of them as you can hardly tell i've got them in there.

4. what can i expect with smell.

5. i plan on using a rotary 8" fan with a plug-in air freshener. will this enough to combat smells??

6. will they get enough light this way or will the result be poor.

- i usually get 4 oz per plant when growing with 400 watt hps in a 2.5 to 3 foot square closet environment.

7. does anyone have any god ideas i could do to increase yield/security/temps/ or anything else which may help.

8. have i forgot to ask something relevant and if so what??

well thats about it for now. im sur ei will have questions but these will do for now.

all opinions welcome. i have been a member here awhile now and im back. my last post was about me taking a year off form smoking and by the time these will done the year will be up. yipee.

p.s. its been a nice not smoking. i have smoked roughly 10 grams in 9 months and i feel good for ir but i miss it too much to never smoke again.

regards

L_S_Dpost-4398-1150142791_thumb.jpg post-4398-1150142810_thumb.jpg post-4398-1150142824_thumb.jpg

Edited by Living Societies Dream

;) well i hoping for some replies but i guess the lurkers are about :yahoo::yinyang: are out this week. :yinyang:

;) someone must have some sort of input about my queries. :):P

or is everyone a voyeur these days preferring to look and not touch :rofl::punk:

oh well what can you do

:yahoo:

Edited by Living Societies Dream

Right here goes :doh:

1.Yes there is

2.That depends on the good old currant bun

3.We all like security but they need light

4.You can expect it to stink

5.No

6.Results will be poor unless they get some sun

7.Give em as much light as you can,Get plenty of ventilation in and cross your fingers that noone smells em.

8.Its very difficult to stop the smell without carbon filters so if you have neighbours nearby i'd be very concerned lol

Owd :ninja:

i've grown conservatory before and had massive yields but i started the plant in spring and it was a good 8 foot in diameter by the end. you need a strain that finishes at the right time so you're a bit limited but there are some good strains around. shiva and big bud were memorable. don't know about nl or mf but i suspect they may not finish til november if they're designed to trigger at 12 or 13 hours. we don't get that til the end of september whereas outdoor strains seem to trigger in august when the day is much longer.

air tends to get stale unless you have ventilation and i'd recommend a fan blowing across the plant too to break up the boundary layer and mix the general air. they just stop growing if you don't.

sounds to me like you've enough sun and general light.

enjoy.

cheers for the reply guys.

to your answers.

what is currant bun??

as i said i am planning on forcing them and not relying on good old mother nature for flowering times. they will go into 12/12 sometime in july. hopefully finishing in late august/september.

you say 'results will be poor unless they get some sun. i dont plan on puting them into the shade what do you mean. normally i grow under 400 hps. with a yeild of 4oz on 4 foot plants. i am hoping for similar results with 5 footers. smell wise i dont use a carbon scrubber but i have always found that as long as there good ventilation and you dont allow smells to build up you should be ok. but should i exepect the neighbours to smell whats going on so i guess if you believe i should i will have to make a scrubber up. not to hard though really as i am a diy master. i plan on forcing about 4 of these plants after sexing occurs if i get that many females. i have a carbon filter fan with de-ioniser which i planned on putting on at night to clean the room out of smell i hoped.

when i start to force them they will be in a 3 foot by 4 foot closet with both intake an outtake fans cut into an outside wall so i donty expect any smells at night.

to tony2wheelsgood

i started thsee plants in april and they are currently 14 inches. i will be topping them of constantly at the 3rd internod (already had 1 topping) so i get a bushy plant. when you say 8 foot diameter r u sure you dont mean circumfrance. 8 foot is bigger then the distance in the last pic. thats huge and would have topped out at at least 10 foot high which is big. what size container did you use. it must have been huge to cope witht hat sort of size.

well thx for the replies guys. this no doubt will turn into a grow diary so hopefully the results will speak for themselves. i know if i get too parra about my nieghbours i will build my closet up again and finsh them in there. its in the same room (old coal shed which i built my conservatory onto/around)

my main concern is light strength. i have light meter so i will measure what i get. its not a professional one though its just a cehap one gardeners use with an attached moisture meter.

cheers all

post-4398-1150482968_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...