Growroom Pics

HydroNaut

As u can see the table is no where full....this is due to sexing and not having enought cuttings at the time.

Fred....no idea yet as theyre about to fill out now...not really bothered...as long as it does me till the next lot :D

Trich...yeh,,,i know ...im only sexing...i will have 108 in there soon...thats makin the most of SOG ! heh ehh ::D:

peace

Hydronaut

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HydroNaut

• chip

• Highlander

• rudebwoy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good stuff hydronaut

I'll definitely be in touch for more details when i finally get the table on the go. Cant wait to see what your looks like when its growing at full capacity.

Highlander. Hydronauts got some extra SUUUUUCK going there.

Just being friendly/giving my opinion and not trying to be a c***.

he is, honestly, a friendly bloke, sya what he likes, and likes what he bloody well says!!! ::angry:: ::ghost::

Chip

On a constructive note I would like to add that you are losing lots of suction by having long lengths of ducting and wuth all the twists and turns in there doesn't help the efficiency of the extraction much either.

I was just wondering.... if you was to have the extraction fan right at the start of the ducting as opposed to in the middle of it, would this make the suction as it should be (at full strength).

Thanks.

BTW That grow room is "HOT" man......<_<....no pun intendid.

Rudebwoy :D

On a constructive note I would like to add that you are losing lots of suction by having long lengths of ducting and wuth all the twists and turns in there doesn't help the efficiency of the extraction much either.

I was just wondering.... if you was to have the extraction fan right at the start of the ducting as opposed to in the middle of it, would this make the suction as it should be (at full strength).

Thanks.

BTW That grow room is "HOT" man......:huh:....no pun intendid.

Rudebwoy  

Rudebwoy,

That is a question i don't really have the answer to. Though personally I would like to get the fan as close to the grow as poss. sayin' that my fan is closer to the out-take end . the main thing is to have ducting at either end of the fan to silence it a little, keep the ducting as straight as poss.i.e. go for sweeping curves rather than tight right angle bends and to try and keep the ducting short as.

ps . with regard to the fan being more powerful if placed at the beginning I don't think it would improve things that much as air flow can be affected just as much by restricting the out put end as it can by restricting the input.

pps. nice "quatation control" I have yet to master that skill :)

Hydronaut: I think I have to give in, you've got the metal halide.

ps. is that mystic blue a quick finisher?

Chip, just covering my back mate ;)

ps I see you and reg are posting on the same thread again :oldtoker:

• 1 year later...

NOW seriously! How can that be classed as a growroom???

I mean come on!

Its more like a bloody factory! I really do fear ur grow hydronaut!

What is the average dry weight of all ur grow for say....... a year???

One of the best grow rooms ive ever seen!

G

NOW seriously! How can that be classed as a growroom???

I mean come on!

Its more like a bloody factory! I really do fear ur grow hydronaut!

What is the average dry weight of all ur grow for say....... a year???

One of the best grow rooms ive ever seen!

G

Erm....its not that big!!!!...only 2 600's.Theres peeps on here with more watts.

I wanted 2 sets of tables so i could grow 2 diff strains at a time...i didnt want to be stuck with the same buds for months , a luxury maybe...but i have the room.

As to the yeilds...ive no idea...tho over 1/2 of it is given away....not sold....given.I've a medi-user in the family plus friends, where possible excess is sent to THC4MS.

As to being one of the best grows you've seen?!? Not being funny, but you obviously havnt seen too many? Theres fair more organised rooms out there.

My first growroom was a large carboard box!!

Thanks tho...i dont know whether to be chuffed or paranoid!! :ouch:

Hydronaut

Guys,

As I understand it, one of the key properties of fans such as RVK fans is that they are pressure developing fans. This means they are very powerful but MUST be used in the correct way to get the full benefit.

Here are some instructions that I picked up from somewhere - I think it might have been overgrow or some such - sorry can't remember.

I keep a "scrapbook" of sorts using a spreadsheet to note all the nuggets of information I glean from reading the web/books/talking to growers etc. You should give it a go - there's nothing more frustrating than remembering you read SOMETHING about SOMETHING and not being able to remember exactly what it was or where you read it, only that you were sure it was vitally important! Helps to keep the stoner mind stress free. Give it a go!

Anyways, enough of my babble, here's the info[i've added a couple of obvious explanations incase you're as binned as I was the first time I read them :bush: ]:

The following factors must be considered in order to avoid system dissipation[allow the fan to develop maximum pressure and therefore give it's best performance]:

At the Inlet [air intake end of the ducting system - not the fan itself]:

1. The distance to the nearest wall must be more than 0.75 the inlet's diameter.

[i.e distance from the intake grille/end of ducting to the nearest obstruction/wall must be a minimum of 112.5mm for a 150mm duct/fan(0.75 * 150 = 112.5mm)]

2. The inlet duct's cross section must not be greater than 112% or less than 92% of the fan inlet.

[so for a 150mm fan the diameter of the ducting /sides of grille must be between

138mm and 168mm]

3. The inlet duct's length must be at least 1 x the duct diameter.

[i.e a 150mm fan must have a piece of ducting at least 150mm long on the intake side]

4. The inlet duct must no have any obstacles to the air flow (dampers, branching or similar). [i think you get it]

At the outlet:

1. The angle at the reduction of the duct cross-section must be less than 15 degrees

[i.e. if you have a reducer that reduces from 150mm to 100mm then the length of the sloping part of the reducer must be at least 96.59mm long and the distance measured horizontally from where the slope begins and ends must be at least 93.30mm long. - see bottom of text for calculations]

these are the MINIMUM lengths - however if it meets one of them then it meets the other aswell so you only need to measure one - whichever you prefer!)

2. The angle at the enlargement of the duct cross-section must be less than 7 degrees

[i.e if you have an enlarging section (reducer in reverse) on the end of your exhaust duct for a 100mm fan then the length of the sloping surface of the enlarger/reducer must be a minimum of 205mm and the horizontal distance from the start of the slope to the end must be a minimum of 203mm long - see bottom of text for calculations]

3. A straight length of at least 3x duct diameter is required after a duct fan.

[ for a 150mm fan the exhaust duct must be at least 450mm long]

Path of ducting

1. Avoid 90 degree bends (use 45 degree)

2. Bends must be shaped so that they follow the air stream after the fan. [don't make it too twisty - try and make the ducting as straight as possible, otherwise creates turbulent air stream which reduces overall pressure by creating pockets of high pressure which restrict air flow]

If the connections are different from this, there could be a greater pressure reduction.[gives poor (or at least less than optimal) fan performance - all that money for a decent fan and you'll waste it!]

Circular duct fans for example, are propulsive, pushing the air. And should be installed so that the long duct is after the fan itself.

[ so your intake fan should be positioned at the 'intake end' of the intake ducting, not at the end where the air comes out of it(so not in/by/near the growroom/box etc.)

your exhaust/extraction fan should however be placed at the intake end of the exhaust ducting (so in/by/near the growroom/box etc.)]

hope that helps guys - make sure you squeeze every last bit of performance from those fans - I'm sure your girls will show their thanks!

Det

{caution - maths imminent - approach with care

workings for calculating minimum lengths of reducing/enlarging section at end of exhaust duct:

so if you have a reducer that reduces from 150mm to 100mm the length of the sloping part of the reducer must be at least:

difference in height of crossection of pipe is (150-100)/2 = 25

therefore length of 'opposite side' is 25mm.

angle is 15 degrees.

length of hypotenuse (the sloping surface)must be = 25 / sin 15 = 96.59mm long

and the length of the adjacent side to the angle (the distance in a horizontal plane from inline with where the slope starts to where it ends)

must be = 25 / tan 15 = 93.30 mm)

------------------------

------------------------

so if you have an enlarger that enlarges from 100mm to 150mm the length of the sloping part of the enlarger must be at least:

difference in height of crossection of pipe is (150-100)/2 = 25

therefore length of 'opposite side' is 25mm.

angle is 7 degrees.

length of hypotenuse (the sloping surface)must be = 25 / sin 7 = 205mm long

and the length of the adjacent side to the angle (the distance in a horizontal plane from inline with where the slope starts to where it ends)

must be = 25 / tan 7 = 203mm long.

• 1 month later...
Guest invaderchild

man you got a great grow(s) coming along

all the plants look really good

i was really amoazed with the entire set up you have for each room espically the mother room... all this is to confuzing for me, like the air in air out crap and setting it all up. Also the people that have like atomated watering i dont get it i would just hand water and have a light over them and good sized pots for transplanting but other than that all the big equipment makes me confused

well w/e all the luck on the other grows youve got a lot going

--IC