Creationism To Be In Gcse Papers

sittingrelaxing

I like the idea that God put fossils on the earth to test mans faith as the planet is only 6000 years old .

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris P

• snowdog

• Arnold Layne

• dr_green_thumb1974

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very interesting . Who created God though ?

God is the unexplained and unknown :)

Relgion is based on an old interpretation of scriptures a few thousand years old from what people can remember of old stories when the Earth has been here for 4 billion years.

There are many other galaxies, stars & planet, maybe even universes.

If there is a God, there can only be one God.

lol people need answers to questions, it's just some of them are a bit thick nowadays.

I don't see anything wrong with believing in God, it's just all the babble that goes along with it, you have to interpret it selectively with a bit of sense and not word for word like it is the word of God :)

Edited by ChrystalFarmer

Guest dr rockster

Just because the mathematics of the universe are so exquisite does'nt mean it was 'thought up' by a supreme being.

It's been calculated that the number of amino acid sequences or precursors to amino acid combinations that needed to be tried through chance in the environment to create the first basic building block of life is greater in number than atoms in the universe and this has been touted as 'proof' of a divine hand.

Neyaah. :)

And as for creationism being taught in science,even debating it is a waste of time.Stick to the facts.If God wants himself known we'll be told but don't hold your breath.

Religion in RE and science in the lab.

Superstition has no part to play in science at all.

It's been calculated that the number of amino acid sequences or precursors to amino acid combinations that needed to be tried through chance in the environment to create the first basic building block of life is greater in number than atoms in the universe and this has been touted as 'proof' of a divine hand.

Neyaah. lol

lol I'd like to see the calculation, I'm struggling to comprehend how many galaxies & stars there are without thinking about individual atoms. :)

It takes light roughly 70 billion years to get from one side of the known universe to the other and there are billions of billions of planets, yet the religious people on this world think they know their answer is truth through blind faith and upbringing without evaluating the evidence in a scientific manner and coming to their own logical views & conclusions.

I suppose the sheep need a shepherd. :)

Guest dr rockster
lol I'd like to see the calculation, I'm struggling to comprehend how many galaxies & stars there are without thinking about individual atoms. :yinyang:

It takes light roughly 70 billion years to get from one side of the known universe to the other and there are billions of billions of planets, yet the religious people on this world think they know their answer is truth through blind faith and upbringing without evaluating the evidence in a scientific manner and coming to their own logical views & conclusions.

I suppose the sheep need a shepherd. :wassnnme:

I would'nt have a clue what the calculation is Chrystal Farmer but I saw this on a documentary and a very eminent scientist,sorry can't remember the name,kind of spelled it out for the layman.

I really like watching Richard Dawkin's lectures on google or you tube.

He really does explain things so well,particularly things like the evolution of the eye which the creationists try to say is impossible to come into existence without a divine hand but Richard explains it so eloquently. :yinyang:

As far as I can see science neither proves or disproves the existence of God in any way .

I'm quite surprised by people like Richard Dawkins who seems to think he understands everything .

I would suggest humans are quite a long way from that point , if in fact we actually have the capacity to ever understand .

Guest dr rockster
As far as I can see science neither proves or disproves the existence of God in any way .

I'm quite surprised by people like Richard Dawkins who seems to think he understands everything .

I would suggest humans are quite a long way from that point , if in fact we actually have the capacity to ever understand .

Agreed squaggles but science certainly does put organised religion into perspective.

God maybe,but not a christian,moslem or jewish one as these are all man made superstitious constructs.

And I strongly disagree with your comment about Richard Dawkins as he's my prophet but don't worry I won't cut your head off!

Edited by dr rockster

no worries am with bill on everything religious aswell

but on serious note religion n science is and always will be interlinked both seeking enlightenment and the secrets of god by a different path....all paths go top the same mountain just is many paths to choose from

this subject should be fun in mixed schools though, muslim jewish christian kids debating where god and all else came from....then they can get fighting over if abraham was muslim jew or chiristian :wassnnme:

I really like watching Richard Dawkin's lectures on google or you tube.

He really does explain things so well,particularly things like the evolution of the eye which the creationists try to say is impossible to come into existence without a divine hand but Richard explains it so eloquently. :wassnnme:

:yinyang: Thanks for that. I've never heard of him before, I just watched the one on the eye which was quite good, but this is quite funny :yinyang:

YA9sFkYZSk8

Well yes , organised religion has little to do with God and a lot to do with certain people wanting to control other people .

Richard Dawkins is very interesting but actually not that dissimilar to anybody else who has a fixed view of things and believes that they are right ie. religious people !

Agreed squaggles but science certainly does put organised religion into perspective.

God maybe,but not a christian,moslem or jewish one as these are all man made superstitious constructs.

And I strongly disagree with your comment about Richard Dawkins as he's my prophet but don't worry I won't cut your head off!

I was just about to say that Squaggles - I'd go as far as to call him a fanatic!

He contends that all the worlds ills are caused by religion, uuumm, who created religion? Think again Richard.

He's amazing when talking about evolution so should stick to what he knows.

Guest dr rockster
I was just about to say that Squaggles - I'd go as far as to call him a fanatic!

He contends that all the worlds ills are caused by religion, uuumm, who created religion? Think again Richard.

He's amazing when talking about evolution so should stick to what he knows.

Who created religion you ask? Doh :stoned: it was man.

Dawkins isnt a fanatic as he bases his ideas on empirical facts and immutable laws.Fanatics base their ideas on bullshit.

He is on rock solid ground and all the superstitionists in the world can't counter his words because he speaks the truth.

Idea's that are EVIDENCE based form his thinking and he'd be the first person to convert if there were any EVIDENCE for a supreme being but there being somewhat of a lack thereof of any single shred of proof he sticks to his guns.

That's not fanatasism.He may be forthright in his thinking as he must get pretty exasperated having to listen to creationists spout their utter shit.

I know I do. :wassnnme:

Edited by dr rockster