Polytunnels

pandeviant

Enough so plastic consistantly gives a more potent end product that the same var grown under glass.

Glass will still give a better product than the same plants grown in the open.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Nice thread,

decided to make some extra questions oldtimer. Got the same idea going, except using a greenhouse instead of a polytunnel. This greenhouse must be totally isolated from the outside, cooling systems, ventilation, irrigation, lighting, the works. The idea is to harvest at least every 2 months. This is possible.

I've seen a couple of pics on some forums of some swiss greenhouses, They have these curtains that open and close to get 12/12. My question is: Anyone have a link or thread or anything of a supplier that carry these types of greenhouses? I need a greenhouse that can cover up and get the dark cycles in the day. here are some pics of the type of greenhouse...

check out the windows, you can see the type of curtains they have...please help me out, i've searched and haven't found. need your help OLDTIMER. Hope you got the info. thanks

post-19-1059633242_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I have a small (8x6) greenhouse made by Oasis with twin wall polycarbinate. How does the twin wall poly compare to glass for UV transmission? I remmember on assembly the poly panels where marked 'this side out for UV protection'.

The twin wall poly does help to disguise the crop inside.

Thanks

Citizen

post-105-1067360383_thumb.jpg

Citizen polycarbonate filters out a bit more than uvi inhibited polythene. Even so I have had some very potent puff grown under its protection..

Sorry mate but I removed your tiff attachment and replaced it with a jpeg.

Thanks Oldtimer,

It was the first time posting a pic and am trying to get more profcient so I can post a series of photo's on my super secret grow shed ;)

Citizen

• 2 months later...

Flippin 'ell this thread srpreads over a long period....

Where's everyone gone???

Interesting stuff.. I can imagine the next series of River Cottage by Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall.....

"This year I have a new addition to my polytunnel......"

etc, etc.....

If only.... :wassnnme:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...