Aghan#1

shroom_si

HEllo Everyone.

I'm new here, first post in all. I was quite excited when i found this (UK420) website devoted to UK growers. So hopefully some experienced growers will be able to dish out some advise.

My plant is Aghani#1, about 5ft tall, just started to flower. I have a problem with ants, or at least i suspect its ants. There are many little holes in most of the leaves and today i caught the little buggers chewing through a leaf. Anybody else had these problems? what can i do?

I would post a pic but i don't understand what to do with the 'IMG' button. Can you put: C:\blah blah blah, or do you have to upload images to a gallery (like overgrow.com)

your help is much appreciated,

si

you can't directly post a pic in this forum but you can put a link to a pic on the net (any site)

MVC-566F.JPG

This pic is from my last grow also Afghani and i added

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/gallery/5416/MVC-566F.JPG

into the IMG box to get the pic

Why not post a few pic's in the Member's grow pic's forum where you can attach an image

from your computer

Welcome to UK420

OP

;)

Ah bollocks, i put the address of the thumbnail in. never mind, hope you can appreciate her from that pic.

Anyways, heres some info:

- grown in doors for a week under metal halide lamp

- Planted out late may

- Dug a massive hole and filled with compost - sorrounding earth is unfortunately clay

- During June i used a sulphur anti insect spray - BIG mistake, stopped all new growth for 3 weeks

- topped at least four times

- Fert every week

- Over fert once, hence yellow leaves

She is just showing signs of flowering.

If anyone could provide some advise i.e better/faster budding please feel free. Thanx for your time.

si

look's good so far the bud's should start to appear soon

just give her lot's of care and you'll be Ok

Look's like you'll get a good yield from her anyway

very bushy

OP

;)

I don't know if your plant needs it if she is already starting to bud but you could try and cover her ,maybe with a few bin liners, so you get 12 properish hours of darkness until we are naturally on 12/12.

Probably only viable if it won't attract any unwanted attention.

Thanx for your commments Oldpink and Highlander.

Went to check on her today, her female flowers are tiny (things with pistils), doesn't seem to develop very fast.

Anyways, here is a pic of a reoccuring problem. This isn't the worst leaf that i could have chosen to take a picture of, but it gives you an idea:

holes-in-leaves.jpg

Some leaves have been completely eaten. A solution to this problem would be excellent.

• 1 month later...