Carbon filters

ha5mth

Hi

Just wondering if anyone out there is using the carbon filters that growell are selling to go with their Lti extractor fans?

Thinking of buying one, but i'd like to know if id be wasting mu dosh on them as they are a bit on the dear side.... (£60 for the cheapest)

Cheers

hi mate

good question i'm in the process of kitting out my growroom with new things and i was told a couple of days ago to get 2 carbon filters, honestly i think this is a load bollox so lets hope thers someone out there who uses them and answers

all the best jgs

Hi

I use 2 carbon filters (from growell) and they work a treat.On previous grows before the filters i was told by close friends that they could smell my garden at the front door !!! let alone in the house... not good ;)

I now use one for my mother room and a larger for my flower room. You cant smell a thing ! even right outside the grow areas !

To say im impressed is an understatment..i highly recommend them.

.....and......better safe than sorry,u can never be too carefull.

;)

had a search about on the net and came up with this...

Carbon filters direct...

A UK based site that does custom build carbon filters, and by the looks of it, kits..

I havn't had long to check out the site or find prices but looks good so far...

:woot:

I have one too - the 4" lti and related carbon filter - for my flowering room - which is about 20sq ft.

the smallest one - 4" - is easily big enough to work a room that size and they are manufactured to pleasingly high standards. Pricey but nicey.

tata!

hp

p.s. I too could smell my grow at the front door before I got one - now you can't smell them unless you're very close by - in that respect they're priceless. If you can't afford both together - get the extractor first - as that will remove 50% of the smell by itself - just from dissipating the air in the grow-room.

I posted this just now on another thread. Just to say that you may be interested in doing a search over at overgrow where they seem to be getting as good results with a fan and scented catlitter - all that is needed (as far as I can remember) is four pieces of screen that hold two levels of the litter and a cardboard box! A very good and cheap alternative to the extortionate prices that retailers are asking for.

Worth a look, I hope this may help.

High there,

Yes, they work well, but aren't they expensive?

Check out www.hometech.nl and www.smokeys.nl for some more down-to-earth prices :rolleyes:

All the best

• 4 weeks later...

Go for a LTi and Carbon. It stops all the smell. One problem is that after about 12 months, you need to refill with fresh carbon.

I got one the other day from 3 Counties Hydroponics. Because i got everything together, i got a excellent discount. Give them a try.

www.3countieshydroponics.co.uk

Because i got everything together, i got an excellent discount.

I take it your discount was about £15-£20 per item because that seems to be about how over-priced they are, even compared to growell prices. The carbon filters are even more over-priced (£30).

www.3countieshydroponics.co.uk................Growell

LTI Turbo Fan 100mm £ 95.........................£80.00

LTI Turbo Fan 125mm £110........................£90.00

LTI Turbo Fan 150mm £125........................£110.00

LTI Turbo Fan 200mm £150........................£130.00

LTI Turbo Fan 250mm £180........................£150.00

LTI Turbo Fan 315mm £295........................£210.00

Carbon Filters 100 mm £ 95.00..................£65.00

Carbon Filters 125 mm £ 120.00................£90.00

Carbon Filters 150 mm £ 145.00................£120.00

etc.......................

Wilbur

Hi Gary

Yeah, the fan and light are all good. Pity my fuckin clones look almost dead!! Ah well, the next lot will be fine. Got me some Super Girl coming my way soon aswell so that should be interesting :woot:

I was just giving a comparison to the "standard" growell prices. I'll leave the advertising to you :D

cheers

Wilbur

I have an LTI fan and associated carbon filter.

Works magnificently - and worth the money! No smell whatsoever!

A mate told me that 3coutieshydroponics will now price match - so if they will discount as well - it may be worth giving them a go.

I therefore tried this and got a great discount compared to most other retailers.

At the end of the day - it doesnt really matter who you get it from - just do it - you wont regret it..

Dr A

:D