How often?

BuddyBoris

Hi, just a quickie, growing Skunk #1, Orange Bud and Citral in John Innes #1, all going pretty well so far about three weeks, three fairly healthy plants. Have bought Bio-Grow and have fertilised once so far but not sure how often to use it. My first grow and keen to get it right first time. Any help appreciated.

Hi mate, I`m on my 2nd grow now and this time I`m using JI No1.

I have had very poor results due to lack of ferts and nutes. I`m told No1 is for seedlings/cuttings and they should be repotted into No 3 as soon as.

Mine are in 12/12 and the growth has been abissmal. I`ve bought No3 today and will use that for now on.

If you continue with No1 then you will have to feed regularly. IMO about once a week.

I think nutes/feed should be added to every watering.

Some people half the dosage think it is too strong. If you have recently repotted there should be enough nutes in the soil for 2-3 weeks .

Thanks for the replies. Delta Bravo sorry to hear you are not having much luck with JI1 my plants seem to be growing fairly well so far but hear what you are saying, will carry on and see how I get on. I have bought the fertz now so regular use isn't a problem. Think I'll try once a week. Highlander, to scared to use every feed as I have read that over fertilizing kills really quickly so will go cautiously for the time being.

Cheers

I agree with the advice so far,

JI#3 is fine for young plants, despite its 'flowering' status - so is an easier way to take the plant through the whole grow.

I don't supplement feed for 4 weeks and then it's pretty weak at that stage - over the next 2 weeks - it ramps up considerably as the soil nutes are drained and it hits the 'sweet-spot' of growing.

It's good to be very cautious with the nutes as 9 out of every 10 problems (in hydro more usually - as soil is an effective buffer) relate to too much fert.

I would consider re-potting them - which is a bit of extra work in the short term - but could save you hassle later. If you get transplant shock and wilting - just put polythene bags with a hole in the top over the plant - and it'll recover in a few days.

tata

hp

Correct me if i am wrong anybody, but i think that one of the signs of overferting is "fert burn".

the tips or patches on the leaves turn a woody brown in texture and colour.

This could be a good indicator when feeding.