How To Build A Contactor For 2-4 600watt Hps

bren

right i'm just gonna get 2 600 hps for now well after xmas at least my grows in a garage thats got a fuse box in it which is the wired to the fuse box in the house with the trip awitch i'll find out whats whats with the fuses and ratings and stuff, i am in the UK by the way if that makes any difference

cause if you look on uk420 grow shop they have a relay / contactor section with info and say you can have 4 x 1000 watt lights with a 20amp relay contactor, so go on this a 10amp would work with 2 x 600watts but is this not the inductive load

City Electrical Factors stock a type of relay meant to be fitted in industrial switchboards. At work we generally just refer to them as lighting relays and the last installation I did using them has several of these small relays, each one controlling a bank of 5 X 400w HQI lamps.

The one to use is the Proteus CT202 (CEF Product No 0013 - 9402) which retails at £24.80 + VAT.

This relay is rated at 20A and the ones installed at work have been running now for 18 months with no problems at all. The CEF rep assured us that these are specifically designed to switch discharge lighting

CEF online catalogue contactor at top right of page

Edited by sorbyl