Wiring/ fuse size

Highlander

I recently answered a query on wiring lti fans and contradicted The Hemp Playboy.

APOLOGIES HEMP PLAYBOY :(

You are right. When wiring the blue wire is the neutral and goes to the left, the brown wire is the live and goes to the right. My lti fan was incorrectly wired, but it still worked. If your equipment has been wired incorrectly it will still work, though you won't have the protection of the fuse for your live.

With regards to what size fuse; each amp can protect a current of 250w so a 3 amp fuse should be used on all equipment below 750w.

Except for lights this is because of the initial power surge that is required to get the bulb going. For lights you should use a 13 amp fuse. Most people will have bought lamps with moulded plugs that are already correctly fused but for those that have rewired it is a 13 amp that you need.

Once again sorry Hemp Playboy and to the man with the lti fan if you did wire it up incorrectly don't worry you're not dead you just can't move because you've been blown against the wall by your extraction!!! :woot:

Peace all B)

:( No worries HL,due to lack of funds & the kids wanting to b fed i've had to put everything on hold for a wk. or so;so it look's like i'll be doin all the wireing up next wk. hopefully? will let you no how it goes.

Muchos Grascias Hombre & av a goodun :woot: MT