Material For Growroom Walls

nomy

High.

I am about to finalize my grow room details. For doing it on the cheap, I was wondering if the 3.2mm whitefaced hardboard ( attached to frame), would do? And would this be a sufficiently reflective surface without painting it matt white. It appears to be kind of 'silk' white rather than 'matt'

Many thx.

Nomy.

Guest bc pete

sounds ok if thats all your budget can stretch.

can of white paint( matt) is what i used

i started with white bed sheets, brand new courtesy of haven caravan park

its handy when the missus is a cleaner now

changed them whenever they got dirty, just binned them

not reccomended long term since they can harbour bacteria, and are also a fire hazard.

i experimented painting a sheet once and it went solid when dry. thought about fibrelass resin? but the fumes would kill the plants and what little grey matter i have left.

once you can afford black white plastic that would be your best bet.

i have also been trying to track down the same plastic thru agricultural suppliers as i heard they sell a very similar product for wrapping sylage.

more on that when i find it.

hope this helps a bit

bc pete

Yeah BC pete black/white sheeting in two meter lengths @ less than £2 width is the way to go if you are on a budgetr.

Nomy if you are on a budget then keeping temps down will be difficult as you will need more extraction to do this. To help with temps i built screens of reflective onto frames. you already have frames so you should be able to do this.

See Old Daves post in the picture gallery. It shows how he built his screens.

Guest bc pete

out of all the white paints i personally have tried matt white is the most uniform and reflective type. a semi gloss or a silk( well not sure about the silk) can cause hot spots. the same applies to cooking foil the shiny side has hot spots that can harm/burn your plants.

the reason i am talking about paint is if you can get away with it flat white everywhere would provide enough reflection depending on how bright your bulb is.

and as with plastic and water , well mouldy situations, could arise if not enclosed 100% tight. meaning no water can be allowed to get trapped between wall and plastic. / floor and plastic.

i have torn down growrooms after they ended and had some very unpleasant ideas at what lay behind that plastic. caused property damage. do you rent? etc

the screens sound like a marvelous idea :D

an adjustable grow room!!!

you could pick up some hideous painting in frame then cover her in flat white

or an artists supply store where you could buy ready made canvas frames made to measure for cheap, (some artists are poor u see).

an adjustable grow room. excellent idea. get maximum performance from your light.

and air is allowed to pass behind keeping property undamaged.

brushing ones teeth also helps especially when looking at your pride and joy :) the light will reflect more as you have a big grin on your face .

good luck with prepping your "growshow" ;)

bc pete