Diy 2 Hid Bulb Reflector

YourDrooganLeader

sorry for this, this post is also on a reply to anoth members question but wanted to ask the question myself:-)

i pulled a top blag this week. i had bought a 400w MH bulb, ballast, starter, capacitor for 28 quid. all brand new, just needed wiring up which was easy done once i found a decent circuit diagram.

the best bit though was the reflector.

i got some of that dimpled aluminium stuff (the exact same stuff which is used in those sunblaster reflectors), a huge 4ft x 4ft piece. it should have been 30 quid but i pulled the barcode off and bent a couple of the corners. i took it to the till, and the bloke got all flustered and let me have it for a tenner. there is enough for 4 or so good sized reflectors. i have a couple of brackets i can use to fasten e40 fitting to reflector so am laughing.

what i am thinking of doing is making a big reflector, big enuf for the 400w halide and the 600w hps. i can make it a sealed unit with glass and aircool it. what i also thought of doing was riggin something up to revolve i it slowly.

it would have to be a 180 degree turn and the back as the ducting and attached to it for the aircooling as well as the wiring would become twisted.

is this possible 2 HID lights in one big reflector?

i think so

i could make it any shape as long as it is flat so that i can seal it with glass.

any ideas of what i could use to revolve it a half turn and back continousley?

revolving the lights would mean better variation of light coverage with the combination of MH and HPS.

what do you peeps thik, is this a good idea or a waste of time?

cheers all

I think the important thing to remember here is how the light is distributed within the grow area and over what area. I am sure you can make anything to suit providing you take into acount all of the other factors that make up a grow room. The art to growing is not so much how to improvise but to get to know your plants first and then tailor your expectations to your growing ability.

I hope it goes well for you ydl.

Om :spliff:

Hello mate

The dimples in the ally should "Diffuse" the different light types but i don't know how much.

ATB

Bilb