Scorch

Highlander

Growing in a 12 sqft room using a 600w light giving exactly 50w/sqft.

Venting excessively which is keeping growroom temps. down to around 32 degrees.

Can anyone tell me if the plants will get scorched by a low light even in low temps? :D

highlander

32C is quite hot, plants start slowing growth above 30C - The plants get scorched by the radiant heat from the light and the air temp has little to do with this, it's how close the light is to the plants. If it gets hot enough the plants will stop transpiring and then the light will damage them, but at high temps there's cell damage anyway.

Peace

Daivid

18 to 20 inches from the top of the plants with a 600w useing a wide angle reflector 24 to 30 inches with a narrow beam. 32c is on the high side, are you taking the temp with the sensor in the light? It should be just under the shade of the top leaves. Aim for a max of 28c.

• 2 weeks later...

oldtimer 1, hows things,just read that, i allways take temp from side off room as thats were temp gage is , is this wrong place 4 gage , we ask we learn ;) roll on.ttfn

Just found this post again,

Surprised to hear that 32 c was on the warm side, my last grow was up in the mid forties and the blueberries provided a handsome yield!!!

Temps have gone down to 26 c on account of the weather and i don't think they will be of concern till next summer.

I take my temps at soil level in direct light.

Thanx f' the feedback guys lol