Northern Light

Davey

High Davey

I think that mould would be a major problem with NL in northern England outdoor, and it may not finish in time for winter. your best bet would be to grow a strain specifically bred for outdoor growing in a cool climate such as Holland’s hope or kc33. I’ve certainly heard of people getting very good results outdoor UK with kc33, and at only £10 for 10 seeds from kc brains at seedsdirect you can't go wrong. :blues:

all the best

gus

thanks friend - i have a few strains to look up for outdoor grow, but thats a new one to look up!

- Davey

One last thingy, how about Afghani. Will that grow here? Its shorter see and i need it to be discrete really.

3metre KC33 sounds a bit big lol

hi Davey

I am by no means an expert but I would imagine Afghani would also be susceptible to mould, remember cannabis is not native to Britain it comes from much hotter climates so it would not be acclimatized here. That is why using a strain that has been bred for traits such as mould resistance, frost resilience and early finishing makes the most sense if you want to get a decent sized mould free harvest.

Also about the kc33 when they say it CAN reach 3 meters that would only be in a full season grow under optimum conditions. If you look at kc33 at seedsdirect.com you'll see it says harvest at the end of September, which is not very long away, so the plant would start flowering when it is still very young and therefore finish up still very short.

Good luck

gus

yeh, i'm gonna grow next year - someone is sending me 2 test seeds (early bud) so i can have a practice with the remains of this year then have a proper grow next year. Thanks everyone for the good advice :woot:

- Davey

• 3 weeks later...

As mentioned mould is quite a problem in the UK, If you're looking for some good outdoor strains I believe New Purple Power rarely has this problem.