Wiring Up A 250w Hid

YourDrooganLeader

i have all the bits for a 250w HID, ballast, capacitor, starter, and bulb.

unfortunately, i aint got the foggiest how to wire it.

i have tried copying the wiring layout in a strip light i have (it is the same system, ballast, capacitor,+starter) but nowt seems to happen.

any idea where i can get an idiot proof guide from to do it, a simplified circuit diagram would probably do

ta

thought maybe this

hi budsniffer

it should be the same as any light of that type. open it up so you can see the guts somewhere inside should be a choclate block it'll be close to the little hole in the back of it. just conect a bit of flex to it with a plug on one end i think it should have a 3a fuse in the plug not 100% sure on that if it blows try a 5a fuse.

CHECK YOUR CONNECTIONS!!!!

before pluging it in to make sure you haven't wired it backwards could kill the transfomer or cause a fire!!!! don't take electricity lightly it KILLS.

good luck with your grow bro

double check all connections

from here might help ya ;)

normally theres a cicuit diagram on the ballast or ignitor,failing that do a google for the manafacter of the ballast,thers normally wiring guides somewere on there sites

I had the same problem with my 400 watt Hps kit---Terrible diagrams and instructions----I found a great (3-d) color coded, easy to follow ----well you get the idea-- Progressive Growth Hydro -- wiring diagrams http://cp6781.callery.net/ progro wiring diagrams -- good luck

nice thought, unfortunately, link dont work :headpain:

dunno if its my mac, but i get this this msg when i click on the link

"There is no website configured at this address.

You are seeing this page because there is nothing configured for the site you have requested. If you think you are seeing this page in error, please contact the site administrator or datacenter responsible for this site."

later today i am going to dismantle an old low bay and have a gander at the wiring in there and duplicate it.

rubber boots on time :blub: