Need Help On Wiring Up A Ca 150 Vo Dual 2 Speed Duck Fan

nutter

Need help on wiring up a CA 150 VO Dual 2 speed duck fan

Hi all at the Uk40 forums I haven't posted many topics here for a while :blub: But now I need some advice from da pros.

To the point I have a duct fan which on the box reads CA 150 VO dual 2 speed and the fan is 220-240v 50Hz 85w T 50 if this helps and every time after i wired it up to a normal house hold plug and wire it blows the fuses in the house. Are you not able to wire these up to a normal house hold plug and wire and if this is the case what do I wire it to and how, so the fuse in the house doesn't blow. :smoke:

All help much appreciated bearing in mind for all the top notch electricians out there plz keep answers simple for I am simple minded :unsure:

:ninja:

Edited by nutter

I had asimilar problem when i first brought my extraction fan :blub:

I took it to my local electric/hydro shop he cut a wire off solderd it fitted a wire & plug & hey presto never had any more probs with it,wish i could be more specific :yep:

Take it to an electracal shop monday i only got charged a quid£1 :yep:

Edited by Lawless

http://www.vortice.ltd.uk/default.aspx?id=284

L = Live = Brown or Red wire

N = Neutral = Blue wire

It should be double insulated (check though! it should have a symbol on it of one square inside another or state that it is a class 2 electrical device)

If it is double insulated ignore the earth wire, or just use 2 core flex as it doesn't need earthing.

Edited by dope-on-a-rope

• 1 month later...

Did a wiring diagram come with it? and how are you connecting it up? and which fuse do you keep blowing?

:ouch:

hi niceone ore any one really.? ive got a problem with a vortice ca-vod 150 at lo speeds it hums like fek, its running off a prima controller the other fan is ok no noise at all i even connected up and old rvk fan thinking it might be probs with the controller on one side but its all ok, i wired the fan as it says on the cap what else can i do?? i did get it off a well known auction site brand new in a box. but i did notice that the 420 shop sells the vortice range but not the ca-vod range what is the D for or is it DOH :yep: ive been tucked up by a well known auction web site. any help would be much appreciated. t.f.k.