Can Ozonators Kill Off Borg Etc?

Guest gunnaknow

Guest gunnaknow

Can an ozonator be used to kill off borg etc? Ozone is deadly to mammals in large enough amounts it seems but can it be applied affectively to whipe out borg etc? If so, how would it best be applied to a grow area? Perhaps flood the room with ozone on a timer, while you are safely out of the house for a few hours, with another timer set to start the extractor fan before you arrive back? Then apply again in a couple of days, to kill any new hatchlings? Can excess ozone harm plants?

Dude, I'm no expert, but seeing as how no-one else has come forward...... :soap:

Errrmmm, I think that plants need Carbon Dioxide (and possibly Oxygen to a lesser extent) in order to 'breathe', as it were. If you were to attempt to fill a grow environment with Ozone, then I think that your plants would be lacking in the neccessary gases for them to grow. (Or is it photosynthesise?) In any case, the upshot would be that your plants would snuff it, I reckon.

On a tangent, I'm fairly certain that these are primarily used to control odour in situations where odour control is absolutely vital. I think that some peeps put them in the outlet of their extraction, so as to 'mop up' any smells not extracted by the carbon filter.

You sohuld maybe seek out some of those little insects which eat the borg I think. I think they only work during veg or something, as they need extended periods of light to become active or some shit like that. TBH I've really no idea.

I think some peeps use this other stuff called Torq or something like that. Not sure what it does, but i think its a heavy duty chemical or something.

Alternatively, you could stop growing for a few months or so.

lol

Being a newbee here I'm not familiar with some of the lingo... What pest are you calling 'Borg' here?

If it's ants, then you've no hope of geting rid of them unless you destroy the nest. This can be almost anywhere! Ants are only present when they have a food supply... probably aphids which they milk for honeydew!

If you mean spider mites, then it's easily controlled by regular foliar applications of a safe surfactant based product. A fantastic product is SB Plant Invigorator which leaves no staining and controls a wide range of problems (even mildew!). Why isn't it for sale in the UK420 shop lol

Can an ozonator be used to kill off borg etc? Ozone is deadly to mammals in large enough amounts it seems but can it be applied affectively to whipe out borg etc? If so, how would it best be applied to a grow area? Perhaps flood the room with ozone on a timer, while you are safely out of the house for a few hours, with another timer set to start the extractor fan before you arrive back? Then apply again in a couple of days, to kill any new hatchlings? Can excess ozone harm plants?

418970[/snapback]

hi

i use an O3 genny in my exhaust and the stuff aint nice, i wouldnt want it in my room along with my plants (i hate that smell ;) ) ....excess ozone, which is what you would need to kill any insects , would also harm your plants significantly not to mention the damage it would cause to higher life forms .

there are some good threads on spider mite control if you do a search,i have my favourite method but there are a few ways, the most important thing is to be vigilant and thorough :smoke:

So we are talking mites! ;) Tetranychus urticae I suppose :smoke:

What's the point of using harmful, costly or even specific control methods when there are safe broad spectrum options out there... Save the environment, time and money folks ;)

Most of us would agree Billibobo. Check out the many threads on the site about spidermites. Like Cheese Farmer I have my own preferred method for dealing with Spidermite - but its all well documented, so take a search tour for more info :smoke: