using filters

LAP

would there be any advantage to using a light blue filter or slightly tinted glass on HIDs to increase the amount of blue light falling on the plant, and reduce the amount of green, which i gather has no effect on the plant, what with it being green already and everything, or is will this have no effect?

I was going to say no as all a filter does is reduce the number of photons of a certain color and hence the total light intensity. Howerver I believe blue light is good for veging so removing some red may be good for this stage. However for flowering you want more red so this would be counter productive. As for green plants can't absorb it so whether its there or not will make no difference. I would say that over all it would make very little difference.

Xantrix

disclaimer: I have no growing experience just knowledge from books atm

Guest bc pete

i think there would be no advantage to putting a filter on a hid, is it sodium or halide?

halides sometimes come phospher coated which is good for flowering

halides give off ultra violet rays which help accelerate photosynthesis and are good for vegging stage.

sodiums and phospher coated halides give off more infra red rays which mimmick

autum / fall / floral stage

green? well never applied as far as i knew.

for a good quality lamp try the son t agro 430 watts sodium. a sodium, with the added blue spectrum making up the extra 30 watts.

or so are the facts/ stats

there is still some controversy over the above lamp. growers claim to have had better results using conventional sodium/ halide lamps

i tend to disagree , leaning on the reason being their proper envioromental conditions

and accurate feeding down pat!

the son t agro should give you the best of both worlds.

should you have a greenhouse try covering in early summer with a blue tarp

then come august throw an orange one on instead

i think you would notice a gr8 difference.

anyone reading this may reply having tried this experiment

but for indoor filter/ light usage, i think you may be looking thru rose tinted sunglasses :rolleyes:

bc pete

Guest bc pete

i think there would be no advantage to putting a filter on a hid, is it sodium or halide?

halides give off ultra violet rays which help accelerate photosynthesis and are good for vegging stage.

for a good quality lamp try the son t agro 430 watts sodium. a sodium, with the added blue spectrum making up the extra 30 watts.

there is still some controversy over the above lamp. growers claim to have had better results using conventional sodium/ halide lamps

i tend to disagree , leaning on the reason being their proper envioromental conditions

but for indoor filter/ light usage, i think you may be looking thru rose tinted sunglasses :rolleyes:

bc pete

Guest bc pete

bc pete

bc pete

Guest bc pete

well i have just noticed!!!

wonder how that happened?

sorry for being monotomous, i am truly baffled :rolleyes:

bc pete