Ladybirds

Guest Mr P

Guest mrpn1

Yep Ladybirds, thats the question!

So I'am curious,

Does anyone think its worth putting ladybirds from your garden in to your growroom.

Just wondered.

Mr P.

definitly. THo I have yet to see any breed in the flower room, they can live long happy and hopefully hungry lives at the pests expence!

I think is cruel putting mature ladybirds in your growroom. Aye they eat pest for sure!

But they also fly about and once they hit any HID bulb for want of a better word there fucked!

Bom!

I put only 2 in to see if this was the case.....6 weeks later they seem very happy.....sunbathing every moring, scouting leaves for prey all afternoon. No casualties yet. They can be bought as greenhouse preds readily....

Guest mrpn1

Hi guys.

So their not harmfull to your plants in anyway at all, and if they see any bugs they will eat them.

Nice one, Cheers guys! :yep:

Think, next time I see one, I'll pop her into my grow room, see if I can get a little collection going :no:

Mr P

but if they dnt find any insects to eat will they die? scarey little buggers int they. they look so gentle but then u find out that they eat insects! wot wud they eat if they were the size of a van? :yep:

Thats right...as with all preds, when there is nothing left to eat they die out. Should this sadden you, you could always spoon feed them some aphids from the garden to keep em going :thumsup:

Ladybird lavea are even more scary looking than the parents....dont get freaked out if you see one! Heres some more info....please excuse the gratutious sex scenes.....they say they were necassary for the sake of reality... http://www.turning-earth.co.uk/ladybirds.htm

Edited by Jozzer

I never met a bad ladybird yet ......... I encourage them at the least ... the preds have proven their worth in my grow room. :soap:

This illustrated wander around the aphid-infested, ladybird-protected golden hop plant in my garden shows how nature is often so very clever and can find its own balance in our gardens.

Ya !

:yuck:

NK.

Guest mrpn1

Hello all :smoke:

So, me growrooms got its first resident ladybird today, as I found one awondering the kitchen.

I wonder if she finds anything, hehehe.

Mr P