glasshouse flowering tent

Jammin

Hey all, just thought id try and get some input on this one. Basically ive gotta build some sort of tent within my greenhouse, stupid? maybe but ive gotta get my plants flowering. They're gonna hit the roof soon.

Ive had two ideas so far and wandered if anyone else has ever done the same thing?

1 ) I was going to use bits of blackout fabric (the stuff in some curtains) stretched over cardboard frames which i could slot into the sides of my greenhouse. Its a small rectangle aluminium model with a pointy roof. ::D: Plenty of cross arms to slot the things in.

2 ) actually hang a tent like shape made of the same fabric round the plants, hanging it from the frame.

The only problem with these two that i can see is the hassle involved when i want to get the sun to the plants again.

I can see it getting very difficult once the plants are a bit bigger. Any ideas or comments greatly recieved.

Jamin :angry:

hmmm.... you know those wire things that net curtains are held up with?

Get three of them and run them from the front to the back of the g/house along the apex and top of the 2 vertical walls. Get one long piece of material that goes from the floor, up one side, up to the roof and down the other side.

You should be able to push it back or roll it out whenever, like a curtain sort of thing. :ninja:

I dont know how heavy blackout stuff is though. It might weigh down the wires.

Or get some of that black plastic sheeting and put it on the outside of the house , so you can roll it up or down? Saves you going inside and trampling all over the girls....

Cant see any reason why that wouldnt work. Cheers mate ill have to see if i can attatch the wires to the frames. Thats great :ninja:

Guest bc pete

you could use large cardboard boxes with black/ white ensuring total darkness

you could stqagger your harvest times, or get a lot of boxes

obviously they are in the ground otherwise you could move them into a blacked out shed.

i have seen this method used efficiently, giving the healthiest yielders to finish last

you can get big boxs' and you have white side out. no ventilation holes, period

give them freshair whenits dark, can evenleave boxs' off for a couple of hours if you are a night owl B)

a lot of guerilla gardeners do this in eastern bc they grow in long trenches and use the box that corresponds with the width of the trench.

just a thought, good luck :ninja:

bc pete

cheers bc, have opted for the fabric over the wires as im out of room. Plants are touching the ceiling and time is up. Never mind, ill know for my next grow. :unsure: