Which Size/type Of Fan And Carbon Filter To Use

StealthCropper

Hi, I wonder if anyone can lend me their educated opinion on which type and size of Fan and Filter would be suitable and quiet in my wardrobe set up, which I plan to cultivate 2-4 plants under a 250 watt sodium light. The wardrobe measures; 3ft wide, 2 ft deep and 4 ft high. Muchos appreciatos. Stealth :ouch: cropper

Hi Mate,

If your planning on using just the one fan, and passive intakes, I would go with a 5" like this Ruck 125mm L1.

A 4" might be ok for most of the year,

But imo your always better going slightly bigger than you need with an extractor, and just running it at a slower speed (helps reduce noise) then turning it up for the really hot days. B)

VRG

Hi SC

I grow in pretty much the same kind of dimensions as you, in a wardrobe, apart from I have about 1.5ft more headroom, and I use a 250 hps also.

I went with the 5" LTI as mentioned by VRG along with a 5" CF and gotta say I think it works a treat.

I have 5 x 2" passive intakes and my temps are always around 26-27C apart from when the weather is as hot as it is at the moment when it can creep up to 30C.

I also wired the fan up to a fan speed controller with a thermostat and most of the time the fan only needs to run on 1/2 to 3/4 speed.

I was always told to go bigger than you need as you can always slow things down and I gotta say it was damn good advice :stoned::ninja:

Good luck mate and let us know how you get on!!

sk1