Thrips In The House, Thrips In The Growroom

MU

oi oi

are thrips a real big problem in england?

i didnt start growing until i came to switzerland, and since ive been here, every summer i go to war with the damn things round the house, and in particular in the kitchen.

them being in the house is a right pain and obviously a likely way to keep reinfesting your growroom, which must be what is happening to me.

im quite a tidy person, dust and clean, not like an obsessive, but my apartment is usually presentable.

however, this year, ive gone for it, and have kept the kitchen like a scientific laboratory, sterilised from top to bottom, every nook and cranny, and still these damn things congregate in the kitchen by the load.

every day, i find about 10 thrips in the kitchen and as fast as i can kill them they reappear.

i thought keeping the kitchen meticulously clean at all times would reduce their feeding chances and provide a more hostile environment for them to be and hopefully drive them away.

its failed miserably and its driving me nuts!

i never took any notice of thunderflies in england as i wasnt growing, are they such a problem there and how do you deal with them around the house?

i dont want to spray abamectin round my kitchin!!!!! lol

cheers

mu

u have to break there cycle lol whther it be at adult stage befor they lay more eggs

or at larva stage :guitar:

right, i'll check the diy store because the supermarket only has sprays for ordinary houseflies and wasps, oh and ants, but couldnt find owt for thrips...

cheers pd... :)

if your not spraying on plants then you can use all sorts of chemicals

never spray any of those on plants tho :) thats jsut wrong :)

Edited by Paradox Devil666

Guest justagrower

The obvious thing is to do a search on the net for what is in your area. just a wee thought!

MU thrips sticky traps are blue, they can be bought in garden centres, you don't want to be spraying in the kitchen I think.

Thrips do seem to be becoming more of a pest as the climate is warming in the uk. In the areas in the USA where thrips are a big problem they screen windows and doors to keep them out.