vac pac storage methods

Brother B

What way do you do it.

Interested to hear everyone's ways and if there's any variation. 

I've asked before but would like a deeper insight and learn abit more. 

• Like 1

Dry it, bang in the bags and vac pack tight, not tooo tight so you shish the buds though. I had a Andrew James vac packer first and it was a brilliant bit of kit but the seal failed after a few years so I thought I'd purchase another one but they seem to have stopped selling them. I bought a Veetop one and I am very dissapointed, it's a total piece of shit. Surely it's not that hard to make a  decent one, they're not some marvel in technology reallly :ermm:

I don't want to throw it away as I hate waste but it really is a bag of wank.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think you can buy the cheap plastic chinese take away containers to put you weed in before you vac pack. Stops the buds from being overly compressed. 

• Like 5

my vac sealer just crushed the takeaway packs,

• Haha 5

If you're not gonna actually suck all the air out, and only to the point it's close to the bud with no spaces, would it just be better to buy the big Grove bags and fill them? the difference is space ain't gonna be that much to worry about surely?

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind getting a heat sealer for the Grove bags tho

Anyone used one like this?
71e9PJNlz+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Or any recommendations?

Edited by Military Grade

36 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

wouldn't mind getting a heat sealer for the Grove bags tho

I'm not sure there's much point but I haven't tried to see if there is..the seal on the bags is good and kept clean they are pretty air tight. 

• Like 4

@Revive You might be right mate, but if i don't try it first hand i'll be left always wondering lol

I don't mind trying again without sealing as i did notice a difference compared to my glass jar'd buds, So not in a rush to buy a sealer 👍

But i should order some more Grave bags soon, Thinking x10 one ounce bags should do me for a couple of crops 😉

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

You might be right mate, but if i don't try it first hand i'll be left always wondering

Fair point brother but I think if I was going to go down that route I'd just put the Grove bag into a normal vac pack bag and seal that... once you heat seal the Grove bag it can't be used again so seems a waste of pennies to me.. I bought x10 half pound bags so would like to reuse them if I can.

Will prob clean the seals with iso once empty but I've still got so many full jars I've no idea when that will be..I guess the 1oz ones are cheap enough so not so much of an issue 👍

• Like 2

Fwiw I have been sealing the top of the grove bag up with some gaffer tape folded over the seam. Absolutely zero science has been applied (say for example having ever tried a heat sealer) but I feel like by the time you have the bags clip seal and the top closed up with waterproof tape, it must be 98% of the way to being as air tight as heat sealing. Saves chopping the tops of grove bags too

• Like 3

No massive difference in the curing stage and short term but keeping buds in the bags for longer term storage ( 2+ months) definitely makes a difference. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Military Grade said:

I wouldn't mind getting a heat sealer for the Grove bags tho

Anyone used one like this?
71e9PJNlz+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Or any recommendations?

Yep, but never used grove bags, if its heat sealable that sealer will do it, it's just a case of setting the knob correctly which needs to be tested with the plastic you're using as different types of bag need different settings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where’s the best cheapest place to buy these grove bags? I’ve found 10 x 1oz bags for just over £24 delivered. Is that reasonable? 

£21.99 delivered is best I can find on a really quick search. Type “riviera grove bags” and a Devon based retailer should pop up.

• Thanks 1