Early signs

leafsta

After a not so great first grow back, I'm looking to stay on top of things from early on this time around, but I don't think I will have the time over the next few months to commit to a diary, so hopefully I'll be okay to pop back and forth with my requests for help 🙏🏽

This current lot are 'ammo' cuts, which I have never done before, nor know very much about except for they "go tall" according to my mate who gave me the cuts 

They're in 3l plastic pots filled with canna plus Coco, and have been fed with some plant magic grow, roots exceleratur (sic), and daily misting with potsil (silica). They've been in these pots for 10 days so far and progress has been nice up until now, but I'm starting to see some signs of yellow which became evident in my last grow..  

Can anyone suggest possible issues that I can look to deal with early... Picture in next post

No idea about your style of growing so not much advice to give on that front. But, it does look like you might have a bit of thrip damage. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leafsta said:

daily misting with potsil (silica).

Probably related to your issue, maybe spray once per week rather than everyday. 

Also those cuts def got thrips.

• Like 7

@leafsta If I understand correctly, Ammo refers to Amnesia Haze (or Super Silver Haze I think also). Indeed it does grow tall and stretchy. I have grown Malibu Pie for the last year or so and have just switched to a Amnesia Haze x Oldtimes cross. I may have been caught out and let them veg too long. I'm keeping a keener than normal eye on them for the next couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed for you. It isn't like the sort of stuff I would be able to buy - indica dominant stuff. If you're looking for something a bit racy it'll be up your street.

• Like 1

For diagnosis on the yellowing,

we’re going to need a pile of information about your grow environment including equipment you have.

1. Lights on and off temperature and relative humidity plus root temperature.
  2. Type of lighting and power levels or PPFD levels at canopy height.
  3. Watering/fertigattion level and frequency.
  4. Any other information you think might be relevant.

There might be some stuff I forgot(you know why ;)).

I do like a bit of Amnesia 🚂

Good luck with the grow 🍀

Atb

☯️

Canopy temps shown here

large.Screenshot_20240525_231153_Ecowitt.jpg.0792676a4df963b55694fce5fc906e19.jpg

Root temps generally averaging between 22 to 24 but have gone as high as 26.4 on the warmer days

Lighting at the moment is (unfortunately) a 600 metal halide bulb, elevated to give a ppfd of 300ish

Last watered 4 days ago to run off with feed (watering frequency whilst vegging in Coco is something I haven't sussed yet)

I do have a lumii black 720w led but it's too big for my veg room (my last grow is still drying in bloom room) 

I'm keen to upgrade the metal halide and once funds allow I'm currently torn between the viparspectra xs2500 or a CMH

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

From your info what I read stop misting them with silica imho it's a waste of time and money keep your temps up around 30 lights on 24 lights off and don't over water until them pots are drying out daily .  😆

Edited by Yosser Hughes
Spelling
  • Like 2

It's easy to overdose them with potassium by spraying them with potassium silicate, you should look up to see what potassium excess looks like as from your description and what I can see in the photo it looks like that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah to be honest this is the first time I've ever been able to mist daily so thought I'd try it but obviously looks like not the thing to do

Is it worth just adding the silica to my feed?

Edited by leafsta
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

That coco looks awfuly dry,it aint like growing in compost and does better when fertigated at least daily.

whats your rh/ vpd like...?

Edited by Mr mcgregor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, leafsta said:

Yeah to be honest this is the first time I've ever been able to mist daily so thought I'd try it but obviously looks like not the thing to do

Is it worth just adding the silica to my feed?

I dont know its been ages since I used it so cant really remember the instructions.

I would leave it to one side and concentrate on murdering the shit out of the thrips and adjusting some environmental stuff etc.

Maybe some more photos from further away showing the whole plants and the grow space might help.

I only give the occasional dose of silicone,

mostly during veg but some in the first couple of weeks of bloom too :) 

Atb

☯️