Ethanol based tincture questions... saturation level/cold long steep/short qw?

rememberingnever

So I sourced a tiny amount of 96% food grade ethanol to attempt to make a tincture of sorts. I have loads of AVB and even more old terpless bud scraps that i'm not gonna smoke.

Whats the maximum amount of saturation level I can hope to achieve? Any ratios on dry bud/avb to the ethanol?

Do I jar and simmer it in water? or long steep for a month or so shaking daily in the dark?

Someone recommended adding honey to help make it slightly more palatable and to allow it to burn less.

I need to get dropper bottles but i've wanted something I can consume safely after only ever having QWISO or BHO :D. Any help appreciated!

I would first put the avb in water and a coffee press thing - and keep replacing the water until it runs clear - should help remove that ashtray taste you get from avb.

I made some bho without doing that and was rank the stuff made after the water flush was much nicer.   Tbh i doubt i will make bho from avb again as the yield is so low.

• Like 1

Mate suggested i slow cook and steep for 24 hours, I think he did that with coconut oil but not sure its the best option with the ethanol. Tempted just to throw the bud in too some degree rather than the AVB. Save the AVB for chocolate or such perhaps.