Plants are stunted; I am stumped-ed

Ishmael

Yeah some heat would work wonders for them!

I would take out the blumats, I don't put mine in till they are month old or so and have rooted out pots, using blumats early the roots will grow towards the drip and not much else.

Also, if you can brew up some compost tea with a little seaweed ferts they will improve in a no time. It's great stuff my plants love it :) best of luck with your grow!

• Like 2

On 23/05/2024 at 17:45, Bonga said:

Yeah some heat would work wonders for them!

I would take out the blumats, I don't put mine in till they are month old or so and have rooted out pots, using blumats early the roots will grow towards the drip and not much else.

Also, if you can brew up some compost tea with a little seaweed ferts they will improve in a no time. It's great stuff my plants love it :) best of luck with your grow!

The blumats are insurance in case I forget ☺️ but yeah I hand water them. I reckon there's enough food in the compost for now but I do like to use seaweed in veg and will be doing so, prob first thing will be a bit of rhizotonic. They are looking a bit happier in the new growth but jury is still out, will report back once it's clearer.

Posted (edited)

Ease off the watering ya dope is over watered leave them  a tad more between cycles 👌

Edited by Yosser Hughes
Spelling

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks for the advice guys! They were cold. Set the thermostat to 22 degrees min and they recovered. I think I lost a week or two but I think they got back on track. I potted them up into their big girl pots yesterday and gave them a spot of fishmix.     

large.plants3.jpg.695644edb3db5f0ddadbacca69efa831.jpg

• Like 8

Glad they're back on track geez, although I might go as far to say a few more degrees might see even better growth, for veg to weeks 3 of flower I like 28-30 with around 75% humidity, they grow like rockets. Once 3 weeks into flower (buds settin) I keep them temps the same but drop humidity to 60% and then if the outside environment allows come down to 24-26 for the last week or 2, the lower temps apparently help retain terps. :hippy:

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

...you see the bottom right one, how it's bigger than the rest? They're all Sweet Seeds Jack 47 regular fems. When I was putting the root riots into their first pots I broke the stem of that one. It didn't break right off but it hung by a thread. Shit. So I propped it  back up with compost around the break - and it healed, and now look. I know you can do that with mature plants but it seems to work even with seedlings. There's an acronym for this break-and-reheal thing but I forgot it. 

Just now, MindSoup said:

Glad they're back on track geez, although I might go as far to say a few more degrees might see even better growth, for veg to weeks 3 of flower I like 28-30 with around 75% humidity, they grow like rockets. Once I'm flower I keep them temps the same but drop humidity to 60 and then if the outside environment allows come down to 24-26 for the last week or 2, the lower temps apparently help retain terps. :hippy:

Yeah the light keeps them up near 30, but when it goes off they need the help from the heaters. Maybe I'll turn the thermostat up a bit. Gets fairly humid in there and I give them foliar sprays etc,

Just now, Ishmael said:

Thanks ol' pal, you went right to the problem. 

glad to be of service mate :) i think you are thinking of super cropping?

hope all is well over your way

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Yeah the light keeps them up near 30, but when it goes off they need the help from the heaters. Maybe I'll turn the thermostat up a bit. Gets fairly humid in there and I give them foliar sprays etc,

Oh right yeah HIDs, 30 should be grand with humidity to match. Some warmer nights will prob help though, if you can get them a bit higher see how it goes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Oh right yeah HIDs, 30 should be grand with humidity to match. Some warmer nights will prob help though, if you can get them a bit higher see how it goes. 

yeah think I've been worrying too much about high temps and forgot about low ones innit 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ratdog said:

glad to be of service mate :) i think you are thinking of super cropping?

hope all is well over your way

Yep all good down here, same as ever except my daughter gets married shortly... hope you're thriving too, how's it going? 

On 26/05/2024 at 00:31, Yosser Hughes said:

Ease off the watering ya dope is over watered leave them  a tad more between cycles 👌

haha yep you're not wrong, they were droopy too as well as teensy, they weren't taking any water up I guess.