" Jack's Magic " ?

Chal

17 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Thats nice dirt that. I'm currently stockpiling Erin 80% peat moss multi purpose, i've got like 630L :ninja:

That fuckin' did it!!! I just called my neighbour. Said, if he's going into town, again, tomorrow? I'd like to tag along! I'll be hitting that fucking Creamery, before every other bastard does! 🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chal said:

That fuckin' did it!!! I just called my neighbour. Said, if he's going into town, again, tomorrow? I'd like to tag along! I'll be hitting that fucking Creamery, before every other bastard does! 🤣

Wise move considering the shit there selling everywhere else..get it got 👍

• Like 2

I'm using it for my garden grow at the moment. Never used it before but it seems like a good quality compost. Ive mixed it 70/30 compost and Cocco. 👍

• Like 2

The 'gardeners'  traditional multi purpose from westland is good and not peat free.  For texture Clover all the way although a light mix. 

• Like 1

Well, lads; That was all, what? A week ago, today? I guess. Because, I mean't to take  everyone's advice and get back  there! Got side tracked. Managed to get back Today. Here's the story:

Had an appointment and walked out wondering where to go next. Spotted the Builders yard and, figuring I'd need something in there, wandered in. And, what's the first thing I see? Brand new, barely touched pallet of " Jacks Magic " :D

Straight over to it. Few sacks gone. Found myself studying the bags faces. A bit intently. Something was bugging me. " New, Even Better Formula ". Something like that. (I'd barely even glanced at my original sack, even to this day)

Not happy, and not giving up, I turned a sack over. Read the back. 'Blah, blah, blah .....' Whole fucking sack was one big advert for how fucking good this stuff is. Like; I Knew that, now. It's what I was here fo ..... What's this?

Bottom. Right of centre. Little rectangular patch. Can't remember the exact wording now. And I don't habitually carry my camera, these days. But, it honestly said something an awful lot like:

" Low In Peat Content "

~ Very Low ~

Something very much like that. It's obvious, they're trying to make out that it's Good this stuff no longer has peat.

'Well!' I thought to myself. 'So it begins!'. And fucked off down the Creamery. A bunch of fifty's in my sweaty hand. Calculating the weight we could be talking here ..... " 'Scuse me, mate? Ye know that full pallet of Jacks Magic compost, ye had There?' He's indicated the new pallet of " Tomato Grow ", or what ever it was, amongst the tumble weeds.

'No.' I said. 'Last Thursday? Right there. Whole fucking pallet. All wrapped up?' He seemed to dimply register there Had been some other stuff. " All gone. " He said, flatly.

😢 Fuck!!! It's over, guys.

@Chal you're in Ireland right? Have a look for Clover, that stuffs banging. They also do a shite peat free version as well though so be warned. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MindSoup said:

@Chal  Have a look for Clover ...

Yeah. Thing is, mate? Ireland's actually a fair sized place. Especially for someone who don't drive. Thus, I really have to depend on the two, or three places I can access. Not like I can pop from town to town, seeing what they've got stashed away, next town along.

Plus, 'Jack' looks like a Major player. They appear to have blown their tanks of all the 'old' stock. I missed the boat 😐

Crazy thing is? Creamery, at least, still had a pile of those fucking great bales of Pure 'Peat'! (" Shamrock ", is it?) White and green bales.

Or, if I had a mind to it? I could always march off, steely, determined look in my eye. Bucket and spade in hand. I am sat here, amidst an Irish Bog area, after all! 😎

@Chal I'm using the same low peat formula here. Mixed 70/30 Coco to fluff it up a bit and the plants are vegging away nicely. I've also previously used clover with good results 

large.2024-05-09-18-05-58-077.jpg.3d792b6fb4941a4f70986c8b32a533f2.jpg

large.2024-05-09-18-05-46-518.jpg.8fe73425f4cf3eab6116928ee7aff8b4.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CustardVape said:

low peat formula here. Mixed 70/30 Coco to fluff it up a bit ...

Well, That saves me a walk and a dig then! I just happen to have a decent bale of coco I recently bought, pretty much just to justify the shipping on a handful of plastic pots!

Was rather wondering what I'd ever do with it 🫤

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chal said:

Yeah. Thing is, mate? Ireland's actually a fair sized place. Especially for someone who don't drive.

That's why I recommend clover, because it's made in Ireland and very common so was hoping it would be a one you could likely find. Anyway....

1 hour ago, Chal said:

Creamery, at least, still had a pile of those fucking great bales of Pure 'Peat'! (" Shamrock ", is it?) White and green bales.

Just buy that, get as much as you can afford and store. You'll have to add some ferts/lime to it, but that's a fairly simple process and there's plenty of info available on how to do so. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

You'll have to add some ferts/lime to it, but that's a fairly simple process ...

Thanks, Soup. I actually have the three bottles I'd got for my (Then) planned crack at the 'roots in a bucket' method. Forget the name. Extremely popular /  recommended.

Now? Frankly? I've just come back from the stables. Shovelling shit and pulling hay gives a man time to think. What I was thinking, as I walked back out the stable door, is; " What the Fuck am I doing?!? I must ask the lads more. I'm fucking lost. "

Just trying to decide Where to ask, now. Concerns so many aspects. Basically though? I want to sprout / plant some Northern Lights Auto's. Outside. In pots. And, it looks set to RAIN, All next fucking week!!! WTF?! 😬

Posted (edited)

I don't mean just to use your liquid nutrients, what I'm saying is peat needs to be pretreated before being used, mostly with lime to buffer PH, but you can also add some slow release dry fertiliser to it as well which is how it usually comes out of the bag. Just have a search for pre treating peat for potting mix. You'll see what I mean. 

As for the Autos, if you don't have an indoor setup to start them off in or a greenhouse I would hold out until you have good warm weather forecast, giving them a good start is crucial to their success. So plenty of sun and ideally double figures (°C) through the night. 

Serpents guide in the auto flower section should give you a good idea of how to care for them, it's an indoor guide but most of what you need to know will transfer over. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Thanks 1

I bought some Sinclairs once, 100% peat or something, it was fucking awful

@KC did you use it straight out of the bag? If so that will be why. 

@MindSoup Yes mate, it didn't say otherwise, just made out it was like a compost. Bag was huge too :doh: