Making your own led?

Devon Cream

Evening people went to see a friend last night who wants to start growing got a banging area to do it but funds are short . He’s a sparky by trade and was asking me could he make his own led lights to which I couldn’t answer for him. So question is are there any threads or members who have made their own? Thank you.

Absolutely geez and it's far far cheaper. There's a few guides about on the different forums including this one. 

I've been looking into using bridgelux gen 2 eb strips they're ridiculously cheap and do the job really  nicely. If you web search "cheap led strips a viable alternative" you'll find a guide with everything you need to know. 

Also, there's a crazy good deal on "omega black 720 watt" at the moment, like 50p a watt good, can't link it here but you'll find it easy enough.

• Like 2

A few manufacturers in China sell strips and boards that you could wire up yourself.
I use "Kingbrite" if you give them a search.

• Like 1

Tell him to have a look a LED Gardener. Lots of guides on there, it’s Canadian, so might need to find uk alternatives 👍🏼

• Like 1

Big fan of diy lighting here. Samsung f-series horticultural strips with Meanwell drivers. 🫡🫡🫡

large.IMG_2784.jpeg.8599b661bf0b49b33c1454e27eef7d1e.jpeglarge.IMG_2785.jpeg.f1451d211932c16b3a3c0193e620d4df.jpeglarge.IMG_2783.jpeg.6c48e1ee1c89b42bc9d1d32e1dd4d5ed.jpeg

large.IMG_8596.jpg.4a6019de133b5a0044b7427660755f10.jpg

and you can use the strips to boost ready made lights, and any broken diodes, you can easily buy another 2 foot strip for £20 from Digikey 

just don’t buy any IR or deep red diodes for perpetual vegging, they’ll start to flower, even on 18hrs light! 😇

large.IMG_8304.jpeg.945a1eda6953f012c34b42418877eb4c.jpeg

• Like 8

Sorry guys didn’t get notification thanks for everyone’s input much appreciated I’ll pass the info on to him. @Flamedodger lol I think he’s about £50 a hour I know pal I’m always saying how can you be skint works 6 days a week I think his mrs smashes the cash everywhere lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devon Cream said:

I think he’s about £50 a hour I know pal I’m always saying how can you be skint works 6 days a week I think his mrs smashes the cash everywhere lol 

Needs to do a few cash jobs 🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Flamedodger said:

Needs to do a few cash jobs 🤣🤣

He needs to do something I’d be more than comfortable on his income lollol 

• Haha 1