Pre-mixed No Till Soil

MindSoup

As a wise man once told me, " just get on with it!" lol

But yeah dude I don't think you'll go too far wrong with grabbing a pre mixed bag saves the faffing about.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

lol

I've got myself all tangled up in the the decision haven't I lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Eco life plus 10% biochar, it's on the way. 

We got there in the end lol, thanks everyone for your input and patience. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 30/04/2024 at 10:15, inceywinceyspider said:

I'm interested to know what mix you use in the end.

Quid on him flipping completely and going full hydro/chem?

:D

ETA.

This would have worked better if you'd not posted just before me, @MindSoup. lol

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

@j.o.i.n.t funny you mention that lol

I'm currently planning a second flower space and for that I'll probably just use the low maintenance way (clover and canna salts on Blumats) as I may well want to pack it down from time to time. Either that or possibly Biotabs but they're a lot pricier. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

I think that might be a good idea, I sometimes regret having two no till spaces and think it would have been much handier to have my bed then another space for pots that could be shut down over the winter. Saying that I find no till more enjoyable.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah it's definitely my preferred way to do things, but like you say it's not always practical. Knowing me though the second space will probably never be packed down anyway lol

Edited by MindSoup
  • Haha 1

Yeah that's where I'm at mate both just keep ticking over, the problem I have is getting through it all now lollol

• Haha 2

We need weed banks. Like a food bank but for stoners in need, where people with surplus can donate it for the cause. 

• Like 6

It's funny you say that I remember watching a documentary a while ago that a dude was collecting trim from growers and making oil for medical users which was cool. But yeah would be a cool setup if you could just throw a couple of oz into a network that was then distributed to those in need and stop people having to pay the ridiculous government prices. 

In a legal scenario it would be great if we could have a bartering system of sending in a strain you've grown for a bit of something someone else has grown, would help a bit with the unicorn hunting too. 

• Like 3

Jeff Ditchifield iirc, helped/saved a lot of people bless him. I love the swap shop idea as well TBF, would be much easier just to run a single strain each and then share with each other, as long as everyone was growing well of course, I'd be reluctant to trade a gram of mine for an 8th of some of the shite I see people smoking lol

• Haha 2

That's the one man.

Yeah it could have a few technical issues lollol

I'll happily volunteer as chief of quality control lol

• Haha 2

As long as joolz remains as postie we're onto a winner lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Got my soil mixed up today as I'll be transplanting over the weekend, 6L of charged biochar into 45L of Eco life so 51L of finished mix for about 50 quid. If anyone is looking for biochar then search "gardners charcoal plus" on eBay and you'll find the seller I used, great quality, most affordable I've found and seems like a nice person as well from our communications. 

I had a good look at all the available pre mixed "living" soils and I personally see this as the best option as far as value and quality goes. 

large.IMG_20240510_134758.jpg.f28cf6aae93dbbfa3363943eda647c79.jpglarge.IMG_20240510_134803.jpg.319fdbcb07e4cb179462d4d0987a3b34.jpglarge.IMG_20240510_134809.jpg.f2383fdcedc5976f7c91901f2584abd1.jpglarge.IMG_20240510_134814.jpg.fa5cad82c6971a5c560d9b60920e6ba0.jpglarge.IMG_20240510_135028.jpg.04312406eb120f05746b10ec0b39dc77.jpg

• Like 8