Thrips?

le0n.v6

Found some white/grey/silver Damage on a couple of leaves and from a quick Google it seems to look the most like thrips Damage but aren't thrips rare in the UK? Growing from seed so no infected clones brought in. I turn to you guys for some help..large.20240419_180254.jpg.42474033a2aadafc4889b15bad283108.jpglarge.20240419_180247.jpg.4ed96d0a67cda979443d925964b50aa5.jpg

Edited by le0n.v6

Might not be thrips,damage is similar tho

By amount of damage you should be able to see them under leaf np,take a look,better to take pics in dark with flash to see whats up.

• Like 3

It looks like it might be mite damage 🪖

But don’t quote me on that.

Atb

☯️

• Like 4

Mite would be my guess, from previous and devastating experience. Get some predators in there

• Like 2

I remember getting thrips on my first plants I grew, at the time I thought snails or something had been crawling all over the leaves and leaving a trail, I saw small white things under the leaves using a jewlers loupe, they turned out to be thrips , they do leave a kind of a trail behind them and it didn't take long to take over the plant, I don't think you have them though, but can understand you thinking you might have.

• Like 2

That doesn't look like thrips mate. If it is, you should be able to see the mature thrips somewhere. 

• Like 1

mite be a bit far in flower for pesticides,  that kind of outbreak, I'm not sure predators would get them in control. I used killermite on my current grow, one application at lights off and not seen any since, absolutely nuked the feckers.

u could spray all the undersides avoiding flower sites and then add predators a week after. Best action asap or your yield will drop off and you'll start getting webbing. wheres there's brown mites there will be red spider mites too.

It could be either as for me it's hard to see on the pic well enough to give a defo answer.

I will say though that if you had mites that had done that much damage you would likely see other signs by now, webbing would be somewhere. 

Have a really good look over the affected plant. If you see anything like tiny maggots on the underside of the leaves it thrips, if you find any webbing your fucked.

Cheers for the replies nd advice, didn't have any time before lights off to look tonight but will do in the morning. The problem seems to be concentrated in 1 area for now. Never dealt with pests or looked at predators to take em out. Any suggestions on what insects to put in there? Not seen any webbing anywhere yet...but will have a decent look tomorrow with jewelers loupe. 

This one was going so smoothly too 😩

Different predators for different pests, so get a positive ID and then you can go from there. I wish I could recommend a supplier but in my experience they're all pretty rubbish and delivery can take a while which is always a bit stressful.

Just read that citric acid will help in late flower and not damage the buds (besides pistils browning) ??? Any views on this?

Plants are around 3 weeks from the chop do you think the mites can be kept at bay til then?

I'll.update in the morning when I've had a look. Hopefully with a proper ID like you said

I wouldn't spray anything in flower myself, I'd be too sketched out. They can move pretty quickly, in 3 weeks they might not have ruined your yields but there will probably be webbing on your buds which is yuck. Try and remove any affected leaves and maybe run a hoover over all the nearby leaves left behind.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

All you can do is some damage control with predators this far and then nuke the room pots walls etc,but first make sure its mites,leafs are looking well thats a bit confusing.