Outdoor pot grows

Sammyb

So I have an idea and just wanted to see what people thoughts are. Is it a good idea to grow outdoors in large pots. If so what size pots would I need? It's abit of a last minute idea so haven't preped the soil in the spot so that's why looking at pots. Any help would be appreciated. 

• Like 2

Large 25l+ pots would work outside in your back garden because you can keep an eye on them. For a GG I'm not sure. Unless you cut the bottom off the pots of and let the roots free.

Edited by Lux_Interior
sp.
  • Like 2

I use 150 litre fabric pots outdoors with the bottoms cut out.

• Like 3

I use pots for the back garden. 

This year, they'll range from 14lt to 50lts..

• Like 2

I grew some rather large plants in 60 liters of potting mix in 100 pound feed sacks painted camo you will have to water them often every couple days when they are small and as often as every other day when they get bigger try putting some brush or grasses around the containers to block the sun from shining directly on them that will help some you can see pics in my outdoor diary from last year be lucky

Edited by bfehillbilly
  • Like 6

If you're blessed with a week of 30 degree weather you will need to water every day, mulching and water crystals can only help so much

• Like 3

Pots can work, but as others have said it's good if they're a decent size. Smallest I've used outdoors was a window sill planter. I used this and a large planter that I found in an area where it was impossible to get to the soil (abandoned railway line covered in granite chippings). Last summer was pretty wet, so there was only June I think when I needed to water a lot because it was so dry... I'll be using those pots again this year hopefully.

• Like 4