ROOT!T brand heating mats - reliable?

yan

Just wondering if people use this brand of heat mat and if so are they reliable for you? 
I bought the 30W 40x60cm just over a month ago and it’s packed in already. I decided to spend a bit more on this one rather than the cheaper big river ones in the hopes it would be better quality. 
Not sure whether I was just unlucky and to try again..: 

They're pretty much all the same, root it is a Garland hydro garden brand so pretty well respected.

We sell em at work :yep:

:yinyang:

• Like 1

I think I bought a couple of these.... :mashed:

If so, yes. 3 years or so still working.

ETA

I take that back - one of them brands that's a made up name, all capitals. Came with a themostat/temp probe.....if this generic Chinese crap is going after a few years, I imagine the ones asked about will too.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 1

Yup even my Chinese cheepo is still going after 4yrs,2ft by 4ft 2 of um and there still nice and toasty 

• Like 1

Use these in various different sizes in all my tents. Never had a problem 👍

• Like 1

Rootit stuff is solid in my experience. I've used their mats, stats and heat cables in my grow room and my greenhouse, I think every root it item I've bought is still going strong. The mats and stat are probably 10 years old now.

• Like 1

I bought a 6ft by 2ft Rootit heat mat but a few months ago I opened the tent door to check on something and its just as well I did , a hole glowing red and burning had formed and was meling the mat , it could of started a fire, good job I was home, it was only about a year old. I've now bought Chinese made mats that I feel safer with, after that I don't think I'd want another Rootit .

• Like 1

@the punter where did you manage to find a 6 foot Rootit mat?

The largest I could find when I got mine were only 4’ :( 

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

Thanks all for the replies. Just home and would you believe it seems to be working fine again now with root temps back up. I swear all week they’ve been way down and it’s felt cold to touch. I guess it could have been the inkbird playing up rather than the mat. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Larry Badgeley said:

6ft x 2ft Heat Mat?????? No chance

Sorry, meant to say 4ft by 2ft.

• Like 1

large.SE7000-assembed.jpg.38834c3a285d00ac4913e1176c5aae3c.jpg

I have 3 lining the bottom of my 4x4 no issues so far....

• Like 2