whats the best strain for calyx to leaf, thats a strong smoke

badbillybob

as the title really.

i dumped my trimmer and want something without much trimming. ive done a fair few over the years but the only 2 that i can remember being decent were my sour diesel x criticals and the DNA chocolope.

any suggestions for a lazeeeee baastid?

• Like 3

Just done a run of mandarin panties from @Seedstockers-Mark and once you remove the fan leaves, you're not left with much to do, minimal trimming really.  Just ordered (if I got transfer right) the auto version as I only have time for a quick crop and panty punch (supposed to be real strong) fems for Christmas crop, not had a bad plant, fem or auto from them.

• Like 4

I did a panty punch auto in the windowsill last year. For how she was grown she was indeed very strong, very tasty as well. She was a reasonably easy trim as well. 

large.Compress_20230720_165038_8440.jpg.8a27eaaca2baf86fe56d53d3f3e8c912.jpglarge.Compress_20230720_165040_0179.jpg.8843501070ef27b9896a17724479db8c.jpglarge.Compress_20230720_165049_9475.jpg.ed28ffb1838a20ff17845e2911ff493a.jpglarge.Compress_20230720_165051_1270.jpg.056e62fe56281a8ccc38e5fd14812915.jpglarge.Compress_20230720_165052_2870.jpg.05e5309422fd89d7df98bc93e9e55612.jpg

• Like 8

Pineapple Express #2 was super easy to trim, i literally pulled the small amount of leaf off by hand(with gloves of course), not only was it my biggest yield but my fastest trim lol

It's strong too, I just got a skunky pheno and not Pineapple sadly.

large.20240216_052701.jpg.19213bf1a6bd32285a8279ff966e0d0f.jpg

Edited by Military Grade
spelling
  • Like 8

Platinum Garlic in house genetics not a huge yielder but very few leaves to trim

large.PlatinumGarlic.jpg.d4dc726e9309030160f6ba1bb704825f.jpg

This one still has a 2 to 3 weeks left to fatten out 

• Like 6

Pic of a Limelock that @Tegridy Farms grew a few years back…

large.1FD045BB-1CD7-4FE2-9710-7771DED8D3E3.jpeg.b2fb2550054b632d9ad717a743e7665c.jpeg

Since then I’ve taken the line further (inbreeding), finding those individuals which have the perfect balance of desirable qualities from each side. Just getting to point now where it will be its own new stable line, quite different to either parent or the F1s.   Along side this, I’ve developed another (unrelated) line, to use as the (hopefully) perfect complimentary parent in creation of F1s.  

I’m hoping this new hybrid will be the full works (with bells and whistles) , easy growing, high yield, high bract : leaf, high potency (& great high)….  But thing which I think will really make a splash is the smell & taste …  And I haven’t neglected things like aesthetic - not just finished flower, but also the growing plants….  Might just be my (indoor) masterpiece…. Have to wait and see…..

Just about to make initial test cross to asses compatibility and see how tangible the above is in practice - sometimes can have two great things, cross them together and they cancel each other out!  lol 

Will be looking for couple testers when seeds are ready in 7/8 weeks or so. Though get the impression you’re looking for something a bit sooner, @badbillybob

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 8
  • WOW 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

Pic of a Limelock that @Tegridy Farms tested for me a few years back…

large.1FD045BB-1CD7-4FE2-9710-7771DED8D3E3.jpeg.b2fb2550054b632d9ad717a743e7665c.jpeg

Since then I’ve taken the line further (inbreeding), finding those individuals which have the perfect balance of desirable qualities from each side. Just getting to point now where it will be its own new stable line, quite different to either parent or the F1s.   Along side this, I’ve developed another (unrelated) line, to use as the (hopefully) perfect complimentary parent in creation of F1s.  

I’m hoping these will be the full works (including bells and whistles) , easy growing, high yield, high bract : leaf, high potency (& great high)….  But thing which I think will really make a splash is the smell & taste …  And I haven’t neglected things like aesthetic - not just finished flower, but also the growing plants….  Might just be my (indoor) masterpiece…. Have to wait and see…..

Just about to make initial test cross to asses compatibility and see how tangible the above is in practice - sometimes can have two great things, cross them together and they cancel each other out!  lol 

Will be looking for couple testers when seeds are ready in 7/8 weeks or so. Though get the impression you’re looking for something a bit sooner, @badbillybob

oooh they look a bit good mate, but i imagine they are regs? are they?

im sure i could wait, or i could grow something else, then give em a whirl if thats ok?

• Like 3

I saw chocolope was re released recently maybe try to grab a pack,they droped lots of strains at once but i didnt try any.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

If I didn't have my next few runs already planned out I'd be on this like a greasy handprint on the back of an iPhone. Guess I'll just have to wait for the official release. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/04/2024 at 17:26, badbillybob said:

oooh they look a bit good mate, but i imagine they are regs? are they?

im sure i could wait, or i could grow something else, then give em a whirl if thats ok?

I’m pretty sure the testers I ran were fems, il try find the diary & get back to you

first post in just over a year, think I’ll be back to the madness soon

edit: this place has had an update 

Edited by Tegridy Farms
  • Like 4

Yeah Alfemco is short for ‘All-female company’.  That’s as much about the breeding as what’s offered though. 

If I say something is 8 gens of breeding then that’s 8 generations of all-female selection, most often re-veg & reversal for selfing or sib mates each round….  None of this wishful thinking stem rub shite….  

When it comes to breeding drug cannabis, males are for amateurs, preservationists or pollen chuckers. 

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1