Garland tray drain fitting

Sid the Seedkiller

Can anybody direct me to those drain fittings that you fit into the bottom of a garland tray for DIY drain to waste systems. The ones that sit flush with the bottom of the tray, and have a washer and nut on the underside. I cant find what I'm looking for anywhere, but I know for sure they exist. 

Cheers, Sid.

I had the same problem looking for barbed drain elbow for tank drain.

Boat tank drain should be the right choose although they are very big in my opinion ( 16-20mm pipe connection).

I am currently using an aquarium drainage elbow, but the bolt on top to close it is 4-5mm...so I had always a little pond.

I did 2 holes on the bolt with 1.5mm drill bit.

From China I bought this also.

I will go with black in the next run ( that I can move plants scrogged)

large.IMG_20240412_194724.jpg.c0fac9a6d157e47c1a10faf9b510ef2a.jpg

large.IMG_20240412_194736.jpg.9c1be5269244ee0d22f318e665065308.jpg

Sorry I am not the best person for "key words" for Google, but I hope the pictures helps.

• Like 1

"deck drainage socket"   "aquarium pipe drain" 

:yep: 

• Like 1

I've just fitted a drain to a garland tray today with a 13mm tophat grommit, about 3cm of 16mm rigid pipe, and a 16mm barbed elbow. It helps to warm the grommit up a bit first (30 seconds under a hot tap) as it requires a fair bit of stretching to get it over the rigid pipe/elbow. The hole that it all went into was about 20mm and fit between the little raised bits of garland tray lovely, and the top hat is about level with the raised bits also.

Its super low profile too, about 3cm off the ground, the elbow and pipe run flush along the floor.

• Like 1

@GSZZ Hi mate, where did you get it and what did you ask for? Lol. Cheers fella. 

• Like 1

Its all good, found them on the Bay. Cheers guys. 

• Like 1

Can I ask how many mm is the cap of the grommet? 2-3? But still not fully flush with the tray isn't? Or did I miss something?

1 hour ago, Amnesialocal said:

Can I ask how many mm is the cap of the grommet? 2-3? But still not fully flush with the tray isn't?

No matter what you use, its not going to be 100% flush. Thats why the drains are usually at a lower point on trays with them pre-installed. However, the grommit top hat is about 2mm and is flush with the raised horizontal lines on the bottom of the tray.

• Like 1

I used the  pe drain on my garland and found it too high to drain everything so bought some danish trays with lower drain point. problem solved.

if you're going to do it,  do it right

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

its not going to be 100% flush

90% :)

¥1.98 with delivery

Red is flush with the tray. The yellow is the normal "overflow" of 3mm. And the green are ... Something else

large.IMG_20240415_214855.jpg.e7b3f87e6ab6a60b560cd6685c966e3d.jpg

3 minutes ago, sweettooth said:

I used the  pe drain on my garland and found it too high to drain everything so bought some danish trays with lower drain point. problem solved.

if you're going to do it,  do it right

As GSZZ said also. I agree and disagree ( today I am bitch).

Where can I found a danish tray that fit 2*4 tent perfectly?

8 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

As GSZZ said also. I agree and disagree ( today I am bitch).

Where can I found a danish tray that fit 2*4 tent perfectly?

London grow. stock fluctuates, many sizes, keep your eye out,  I have 3 1100x660 trays to go in my 1.2x2.4

• Like 2