Mag def I think

Bulldogbill91

Could someone kindly work this out for me if it's not too much to ask,  never really had a problem with magnesium deficiency only recently. My water used to be 0.6 now it's 0.3 .  So don't know wether the report would be accurate based on it was 0.6 when I looked a year ish ago. 

I use ph perfect in coco - if I use Epsom salts would it mess around with the ph? If so I'd be better off get some sensi calmag as it goes with ph perfect. Won't be able to get that until next week as it's not on the shelf. 

if you recommend sensi calmag xtra do I feed all way through or once the def is gone?

I bought a bottle of canna mono magnesium a couple week back due to my soil grow showing a mag def . But not sure if it can be used in coco and again may knock my ph out? I don't have a ph pen as I use the ph perfect nutes

start to show a little more on the leaves pic below was taken a day or 2 ago.

thanks 

large.rsz_1img_2357.jpeg.c3f8fcf672ad591bd6923d42e9d0b088.jpeglarge.rsz_img_2358.jpeg.5100f9011420b42f115dfd14b59f70a9.jpeglarge.rsz_img_2290.jpeg.0047cb519824b7084c74ed96a8db7bdf.jpeg

Epsom salts will be fine, only use a teaspoon per bucket though. I’d recommend a water analysis if you want to know for sure. You’ll really want to aim for a 3:1 ratio of cal:mg in the water. Plant looks fine to me though.. 

• Like 4

Thanks for that I will just keep them running a little longer then 👍🏻 post back if it continues 

• Like 1

I just noticed it's the same water report for me, yes it's fine to occasionally add mg or at every watering. It was calculated that I need 1.6ml/L of Mono MG liquid to bring my cal:mg to 3:1 but as you've also discovered, you don't really need it until you see problems, even then, my Growers Ark nutrients are the hard water edition, which is makes adding mg mostly unnecessary. I'm now using pellet food with tap water only and also don't need to add any mg so all good. :yep:

• Like 1