Dehumidifier without loads of lights

leafsta

As per the title I'm looking for a dehumidifier that doesn't light up like Blackpool lights! I've got a 20l pro breeze which I've put in the room that my g/room is in, but it's not bringing the humidity down enough for my liking, so I'd like to put a dehumidifier in the actual g/room, but my pro breeze is way too lit

• Like 2

Put some aluminium foil tape over the offending lights or is that beyond your reasoning? lol  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Saddam said:

beyond your reasoning

When he's stoned and the rest of us :hippy:

They're all going to have lights mate ... and if its going in your tent then tape is the solution :woot:

3 minutes ago, handysmoker said:

They're all going to have lights

Yeah even my 20 year old shit piece one has a light on it unfortunately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leafsta said:

20l pro breeze which I've put in the room that my g/room is in, but it's not bringing the humidity down enough

Seems to be a running theme with them Pro Breeze's

Do you heat you're environment in lights off?

Edited by Military Grade

2 hours ago, Military Grade said:

you're

Your

I do know the difference lol

2 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Seems to be a running theme with them Pro Breeze's

Do you heat you're environment in lights off?

I heat the room that my g/room is in but not inside the g/room.. and I turn my intake (which draws from where the heater is) off during lights off.. 

The pro breeze humidifier has got such a pain in the ass light that is right by the venting part.. seems like it will be a mission to try to cover it 😒

• Like 1

Heating the inside of the tent/grow space is more effective it you have the space, Tube Heaters are great in a lot of cases, keeping your lights off temps high will help reduce the swing in humidity when the lights go out and keeper it lower overall.

I've seen people use ducting from the output on their dehumidifier directly into their tent, having the dehumidifier itself inside casues problems.

I could squeeze the heater (oil filled rad) inside the grow space, but it would be closer to the extract than it would be to the plants, so I'm guessing I'd be wasting my time? 

I did see someone mention putting the dehumidifier inside and insulated cardboard box and ducting from there, that sound worthwhile to you?

45 minutes ago, leafsta said:

I did see someone mention putting the dehumidifier inside and insulated cardboard box and ducting from there, that sound worthwhile to you?

Never tried it, It would act as a mini lung room so would work, but might be a bit over kill.

If you do try it makes sure the dehumidifier intake has access to clean air.

I guess just a passive vent the opposite side to the extraction?

just chuck a large wedge down on a quest and duct kit. no lights on that bad boy

I was drunk when I made that purchase 🫠

Best time to do these things 🤣

now paid off and redeemed its value 5 times over 🥳

no, on a serious note, sticky tape or a bit of cardboard and a small weight.

you'll never get the humidity down while extraction is on though unless you make a duct and go out the back of your unit, which is hassle.

the amount I've spent in the past on 2 x Pro breeze 12L units and a 50L unit, they are all designed for households and will fail, not grow rooms hence why I went for what I did and tbh, I don't look back, depends on the room size and plant numbers tho