Quick & Good

MindSoup

Hello chums! 

As some of you know I'm currently playing catch-up after a string of crap runs and a period of baci induced over indulgence.

Looking for recommendations on what to grow that will get me a tent full of decent bud as quickly as possible. Looking for fem photo beans that I can get easy and quickly, I did think about autos, but putting an auto in a 50L bed in a 4 foot tall tent is probably not going to end too well lol

Pretty open minded as far as flavour, effects etc go, but it needs to be really solid/stable and be properly done in no more than 8 weeks, ideally less. 

@panik I've been eyeing up your fast diesel, any idea if it'll be back in stock within the next week? If not what would you recommend as an alternative? 

TIA 

• Like 1

If I'd already smoked any I'd recommend Sweet Zombie by Expert seeds MindSoup. I have one on the go and it's as tough as old boots and looking and smells great. I haven't smoked any like I said but if it toots nice I'd say definitely it's a good one. The yield looks good too and all of the diaries I've seen have been working out. Somebody did 18 at once from seeds and they looked like clones, very similar. They reckoned it was good to go in one bag it was that similar. I'm chopping next week so I'll know more in a couple of weeks. I would say Wappa from Paradise too but out of my 5pk I got a male and a nana thrower so I can't assure you with those but the remaining three are cracking so far again ready in a week or so. The Wappa is looking pretty ready at 52 days I'll take it 63. Also I think you mentioned the Lemon Drizzle by RGS. They could be put straight into flower. Ace Seeds are very dependable too. All the best MindSoup Peace. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Funnily enough I'm pretty sure I got a sweet zombie as a freebie some time ago. Pretty sure I gifted it to a friend but can't remember the end results. I'll have a look into it, nice one. 

Yeah I've seen a lot of good said about Wappa in the past, but recently I've heard a few people talk of hermis etc. One thing I cant afford is to waste more time growing herms lol

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

large.Sweet-Zombie-day60.jpg.02b5651962107bfe179738bdac79000c.jpg

@MindSoup @Trashedagain77 I grew out a sweet zombie, it stayed very short and was very much an indica smoke. The thing is (and you can see from the pic) it had a bit of a crappy calyx to leaf ratio. I vaped the lot though so it didn't matter to me. If it was more potent I would grow it again as it was a doddle and stayed squat.

Flavour wise it is very sweet - not berries/candy but it is a sweet mild flavoured indica. Not stupifying strong but very relaxing. Maybe I hit a duff pheno that wasn't as potent as I would have liked/required. I also gave it 10 weeks which was probably too long.

Edited by DeltaMelter
  • Like 1

@MindSoup I am a bit biased but I do love a bit of California Octane from HSC done in 60 days. The Jelly Donutz is great too at 55 days but a bit of a stretch-fest. The BlueBerry Muffin is OK but a tad weak for me - I had a very fast finisher though at 7 weeks.

Making a stand!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@DeltaMelter I was wandering about something from HSC and I have enjoyed smoking the Blueberry Muffin in the past. Like you say not super strong but it was a lovely feeling and good flavour. Maybe I'll do a BM and one of the other 2. I guess the Cali octane might be a better match stretch/structure wise?

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

@MindSoup Yes the Cali Octane have a decent structure, I'm running some more right now and should have a good idea of what they will be like in a week or two.

• Like 2

Yeah I think I'm following your diary, I'll have a wee catch up in a bit. Still really wish I could grab some Fast Diesel but it might be just a wee bit too late. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

wish I could grab some Fast Diesel but it might be just a wee bit too late. 

So much this.

My current run was proceeded by a frienzied seed hunt (failure) that I now realise should be an on-going thing. So this year I'm mostly eating beans on toast saving up and buying them ready beforehand.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Yeah I've seen a lot of good said about Wappa in the past, but recently I've heard a few people talk of hermis etc. One thing I cant afford is to waste more time growing herms lol

Just finished a few Wappa - almost all had nanners at the end of 8 weeks. It never used to be like that iv'e grown it for years from seed. It's also suspiciously out of stock in a few places so maybe been pulled.

• Like 2

Yeah the problem is, no matter how many beans I buy between runs I always end up wanting something different just before I start a new run lol

Ended up grabbing a 3 pack each of Blueberry Muffin and Hella Jelly, just in case the Fast Diesel isn't available in time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dan6 said:

Just finished a few Wappa - almost all had nanners at the end of 8 weeks. It never used to be like that iv'e grown it for years from seed. It's also suspiciously out of stock in a few places so maybe been pulled.

That's a huge bummer dude, guess I'll swerve that one then. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

@DeltaMelter just spotted your Hella Jelly hermied on you lol

It did a bit but they were stress nannas in the tops at 30C at the height of a heatwave iirc . No seeds were produced in the end so she was a Jaffa I guess.

The Jelly Donutz (which I prefer) haven't hermied (touch wood, throws salt over both shoulders).

Garlic Budder hermed in my last run but I'm not sure now if it was a light leak (zipper) cold temps and/or genes but I don't think I'm running that again.

• Like 1

Okay well that's a weight of my mind. I ran through all the harvests on grow diaries last night and it seemed like a solid choice, so hopefully I don't do anything to stress them out too much and get a nice run out of them. 

How was the high for you? I'm hoping for a bit more Indica from the BM and a bit more sativa from the HJ. 

• Like 1