Got myself In a pickle

Bulldogbill91

Hi I currently got 2 weeks left until I harvest, in my veg tent I've massively underestimated it I have 20 female plants in there ( didn't know how many were going to turn out male ) so the plan is to do a Scrog with them and take cuts and hopefully find something nice.

I've potted up 3 times to a 6L which I was hoping would be a final pot. Would these be ok in these pots for another 3 weeks? 

also I've got to veg them for another 2 weeks until flower tent is done. 

It's well over crowded- what should I do a big defoliation ? I've avoided using a root stim to keep them slow and they are growing under a 220w light. 

any advice 🫠

I'm used to 12L pots and only doing 8 a time no excuse I fucked up lol 

are they root bound? 

large.rsz_img_2227.jpeg.e063d3eb92b5fdf4ce695876bc537571.jpeglarge.rsz_img_2233.jpeg.d6999a10ab48e827e1e0afeb46224c2c.jpeg

• Like 1

I'd probably just flip the veg tent into flower now (give em a good defoliation first) so you can hopefully identify the males within 2 weeks and throw them..... Then remove the 'cr' from scrog and hope for the best

• Like 3

it's times like these in the past where i bought a third tent lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, ratdog said:

it's times like these in the past where i bought a third tent lol

This is a better solution 😏

31 minutes ago, Bulldogbill91 said:

Would these be ok in these pots for another 3 weeks? 

31 minutes ago, Bulldogbill91 said:

also I've got to veg them for another 2 weeks until flower tent is done. 

5 weeks? You'd be better off turning them into cuttings and vegging them back up and dash the donor plants. You'll have a better time flowering newly vegged cuttings, than you will those things that, by that point, will be dying to get massive and make use of their big root system.

• Like 5

you have to be cruel to be kind, I learnt that the hard way, ditch the ones that don't have the structure you want, takes cuts, ditch some girls, chop back some and then flip to flower and grow the cuts into mums

• Like 1

Yeah, I have kinda thrown myself under the bus this way recently especially with my passion for regular seeds. I have flowering plants and plants I am sexing in the same tent. I intend to ditch a few males when they appear. I would rather not, but, you have to be realistic about what you can cope with.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the reply's , I re read my post, I meant to say, in 2 weeks time I can pop them into the 8x4 flowering tent, then hopefully veg them for a week in there if the pot size/roots will be ok for that long ( so another 3 weeks in them pots)  but i supposed i could bin a few if needed be and if you would recommend upping to 7l I'll have to go grab some more pots. So If I had to dash a few it would more ideal to keep the ones with shorter internodes? 

I have 8x melon cheddar - heard the melon is throwing balls so maybe couple of them could go

10x ghettoblaster

2 x mango lassi 1 of them has big internodes so that's a easy one. 

Edited by Bulldogbill91

2 hours ago, Bulldogbill91 said:

but i supposed i could bin a few if needed

20 in a 1.0 or 1.2 tent would be crazy even if you started from seed, i did 12 in a 1.2 and that was my absolute limit.

• Like 1

@ratdog I can pop them into my 1.2 x2.4 in 2 weeks time, or I supposed I could squeeze a couple in flower tent now as I'm  at 7 week mark in there and I may even Bin one of the plants in flower it's struggling, I post a pic up later of it, but reading the karma thread again seems its looking like the cheddars are going to have to go. I'll post pics of space later 👍🏻

6 hours ago, Bulldogbill91 said:

so another 3 weeks in them pots)

I'd still turn them into cuts and flower those - esp if you're gonna be planting qutie densely. It might still only put you back a week.

• Like 2

Ok I'll give that ago thought it was going to set me back quite a bit. bit of a problem tho I've taken about 20 cuts in the past and only ever managed 2 to survive and make It, so probably doing something terribly wrong. I haven't topped the plants in veg tent at the moment, if I top them would that be the best bit to try get cuttings off.

So hopefully I can get these to work.

I've heard also about the melon cheddars throwing balls would the cuts be stronger then original - heard that somewhere may not be true.

I have root riot plugs

and also coco peat plugs called plug life

Which one would be better to use 

t5 sun blaster 

large propagator and root mat

i have the clonex spray and clonex gel

Posted (edited)

Hopefully these should be ready in 2 weeks growing in soil do you taper the feeds till end or just plain water ? For 2 weeks ? 

hopefully I can sort the predicament out now, I could probably squeeze 8 into the space below, just worried about mold if I have to many plants in there will cause my humidity to go up and plants bunched so close together, do you think that would be ok? I can just bin a couple of to. 

the plant thats yellowing I could probably bin off to it's throwing out aload of new pistols and doesn't look great either. I gave it some mag just not perking up. Thanks gszz my ec pen has sorted it self out now with cleaning multiple times/ec standard👍🏻

if you think it could be a prob I'll just go what gszz said and turn them into cuttings

large.rsz_img_2260.jpeg.9f1ea094a9c733fadfdf3b75a90b8b19.jpeglarge.rsz_img_2261.jpeg.cf0e3d79b28d8b9e058f9bb1730168fb.jpeglarge.rsz_img_2259.jpeg.b3df467ac4f5f46ac04547f0c59e4d2f.jpeglarge.rsz_img_2256.jpeg.93f1f2382e90f072535e7d15d8b68c6c.jpeg

Edited by Bulldogbill91
  • Like 1