Lumatek attis 300w pro users

Trashedagain77

Hi folks, please could you enlighten me a bit on the correct use of the Lumatek 300w pro. I have a spare cupboard  80cm x 80cm x 2.4m tall which I have used in late Autumn through the winter into May with CFL and HPS. This becomes too hot past May until September again. I have a 6" airflow in the ceiling and a 12" desk fan which works great until Summer. Last year I purchased the Lumatek 300w pro with the intention of filling the summer gap in the cupboard to get another one done. It's more that I like my hobby and enjoy the daily events it brings even if it's just having a quick peek at the plants. I have two attempts with the light so far with little great success. The first one was a couple of Grandaddy black and a couple of pure kush both from Original sensible seeds. One of the kushes hermied so I threw it away, the gdb's were OK but not huge yield, ok smoke. The surviving kush was again not great yielding but ok smoke. The second grow under the 300w pro was a bit of a hermie disaster with two of the four herming bad so I threw the lot. I grew in soil with organic bio bizz. I have planned to try hydro next under the 300w and would like to hear what anyone thinks about the light and how they get on with it. The main questions I have is, distance from the plant top, power settings throughout the stages of the grow and also airflow and fan requirements in general. I have to admit that when I have tried to use the 12"desk fan under the led 300w the plants have wilted and resented it unlike under the hps. Aslo is the nutrition regime different to hps. I used to flood then drain manually every four days under hps using hydro canna. Thanks for any advice you can offer me regarding the Lumatek 300w pro apart from throw it away because it fits that space well where others won't. Peace. 

• Like 1

It is a brilliant light,  lumatek make high end lights.   

Ideal for your space,  doesn't get anywhere near the temperature of hps lamps.

• Like 2

Thanks Hamish! I hope to make better use of mine this summer, that's why I wanted to ask experienced users their best advice. I think I may have had the light too close at times but then I see pics of others using more powerful lights really close to the tops so I'm confused with it all. I won't be using CO2 so I need to establish the right distance for my light if anyone wants to advise. Thanks again Hamish and thanks anybody who can help. Peace. 

• Like 1

LED is the best choice for these kinda situations 👍

Check the manual for light hight, start there and turn the power up until you see any negative effects then dial it down a bit. You only really have to do this once to get an idea how powerful at what hight works best.

A lot of us don't even run our LED lights at 100% in flower as they produce so much light intensity now days. My XS1500 PRO I have to turn down to 75% at 16"+ lol

Also using a light metre to measure DLI and Par can also be useful 👍

There's some phone apps that can give you a rough ball park idea where you stand.

Phontone

Tent Buddy

There's another one I can't remember it's name.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Military Grade I really appreciate your advice! I will check those apps out for sure. I will be using tube heaters when needed too. Thanks. Peace. 

• Like 1