Ventilation clarifications

Amnesialocal

Hi all,

there is something which is working to help me reduce RH in flower stage…and more now that I moved to coco.

And this is ventilation/extraction.

here a rudimental sketch of the space that I have allocated my tent.

I am using mainly passive intake, with 1 lateral slot open, plus the 4” entrance ( tried several times active intake but without great results). With the HPS It wasn’t sufficient and I had to open the tent…Now I moved to LED and for photoperiod, location,security,etc I need to keep the tent closed all the time.

Now as per sketch you see a door which is opening to an outside space.

If I open the door, just slightly (1-2cm)…the RH drop down very fast easily 5-10% in 20-30min.

It seems that the flow of air is more strong and the negative pressure is very effective…

The problems are temperatures, which also can drop ( much slower than the RH).

so when I close the door, Rh start to raise again and after other 30min back to where it was before.

I have two passive openings ( one down and another up) but they don’t seem to do a lot.

I created also a 6” opening for extraction, but I changed location and tried to use the opening to see if the results where as the door…and actually it wasn’t (too small probably?)

How can I reproduce this same “suction” effect? Should I consider an intake that bring air inside the “other space” from time to time?

I assume when temperatures will be more summary I can consider to create some opening to simulate such intake size ( which actually is very small…1.8m for 1-2cm …this is the same size of a slot of 35cmx10cm.

But during cold season?

With coco, and and I guess even more during flowering humidity is very high and daily.

currently RH varying between 70-75% ( I have set extraction at 75 otherwise could grow up to 80%)

large.IMG_1792.jpeg.7d534cb63e92f0b8d4c3cd8d1b73dfef.jpeg

Any idea?

Note sure what I did with the image but it is almost at scale 1:1 :)

I have less RH issues in cold weather duno how its in UK tho.

I keept hps a side by my led in cold months.

For pasive maybe more holes? Google Dust shroom if few of those would do?

• Like 1

I think that the passive intake from outside to the 'other room' is insufficient and you should try attaching a fan to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BilgePump said:

No mention of temperatures?

:yinyang:

Sorry...i have set extraction starting at 26...26-27C.

I replaced a 4" with a 6" which. At 1 in 1min bring me temp down from 27 to 26.

If I open the door in 20-30 ...26C become 23-24c and go down.

1 hour ago, inceywinceyspider said:

I think that the passive intake from outside to the 'other room' is insufficient and you should try attaching a fan to it.

Thanks!

Do you mean a fan bringing air from outside inside correct? I could test this easily using the 6" hole I created.

Will try and back:)

Aye looking  at your diagram from 'outdoor' into 'other space'

Warmer air has greater capacity for holding moisture, try having your extraction set to 30°c and see what happens :g:

@KC might have nailed it.

Aim for stability with yer extract running 24/7 then try to tackle the rh issue.

• Like 1