Lab Results Show Your Cannabis May Be Incredible, And Not in a Good Way

Joolz

@MidgeSmith Hard to tell over that time isn't it. Wether it is just a function of time or an actual change.

That transition point, yeah man!! The the import was my normal (man I miss fluffy marrocan, and gold seal - even seedy 'thai weed'.), and then the illicit market turning more towards 'hybrids'....change...good thought! Change makes things stick in mind, doesn't it - newness.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

@MidgeSmith Hard to tell over that time isn't it. Wether it is just a function of time or an actual change.

That transition point, yeah man!! The the import was my normal (man I miss fluffy marrocan, and gold seal - even seedy 'thai weed'.), and then the illicit market turning more towards 'hybrids'....change...good thought! Change makes things stick in mind, doesn't it - newness.

Absolutely.  A friend of mine enjoys the cobs I make with my larf because - to his tastes - it is like getting a load of African or Thai brick weed again.  He resisted homegrown style cannabis for the longest time because he said it messed with his head more, while the imported landrace was cosier.

Now things are changing again because the countries that used to grow the commercial weed he adored are growing European and American hybrids because they can make more money out of them.  Last crop I grew Ketama and Afghan, while they grow Skittlez & Cookies in Morocco and even Afghanistan...

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 3

@MidgeSmith Kinda depressing that!

Old people warned about that sort of thing for years, and it appears no one listened.

ETA

All the drug dealers that approach me seem to be selling something misspelled with a z right now, that skittlez one.... Before that it was all haze :D

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

@MidgeSmith Kinda depressing that!

Old people warned about that sort of thing for years, and it appears no one listened.

ETA

All the drug dealers that approach me seem to be selling something misspelled with a z right now, that skittlez one.... Before that it was all haze :D

Yeah, its a shame. I think it's equivalent to all wines being Ernst & Gallo and All beers being Heineken.  Eventually, everyone starts wishing they'd bought booze from small producers as the mainstream starts seeming shite. Not like we had huge choice on the blackmarket those days... It was "How much do you want...?" then "It'll be [price]" and off we'd go essentially.

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 1

all this talk of old school highs has me wetting some very old, about 15 years i think, Lebanese and Mazar I Shariff, if they crack then i'll give them a go :skin_up:

• Like 5

Just now, ratdog said:

all this talk of old school highs has me wetting some very old, about 15 years i think, Lebanese and Mazar I Shariff, if they crack then i'll give them a go :skin_up:

Sounds lovely!  I was after some original leb seeds, but the only two I found at the time were listed as 6% or something and I wasn't sure it was the same genes therefore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

Sounds lovely!  I was after some original leb seeds, but the only two I found at the time were listed as 6% or something and I wasn't sure it was the same genes therefore.

these were from the realseedco way back, so hopefully not bastardised by modern genes too much yet

• Like 2

With regards to the Moroccan thing.

From the Ace Seeds website:

Morocco is the largest hashish producer in the world, with its renowned hashish being the most exported, especially to Europe. Unfortunately, since the beginning of the 21st century, a massive introduction of foreign indoor genetics from Europe and North America has taken place in Morocco, in order to increase the hashish production and potency.

While this has been achieved on certain farms where these foreign genetics are cultivated with more care, the genetic contamination has also meant that Moroccan hashish has gradually lost its characteristic psychoactivity and distinctive ‘golden’ and mellow terpenes, which made Moroccan hashish a world reference in the cannabis scene of the 20th century.

Certain Moroccan growers have now realized that these new foreign genetics require much more care, water and fertilizers, are harvested much later than traditional Moroccan strains, and do not have the same resistance against heat and outdoor pests. The old Moroccan strains are still the most suitable for growing in large remote plots with poor irrigation resources that cannot be tended with as much care.

For this reason, a group of old school Moroccan growers have offered us ancient heirloom Moroccan seeds for their reproduction and preservation, before the unstoppable genetic contamination completely wipes out the old Moroccan strains in their original state.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ratdog said:

these were from the realseedco way back, so hopefully not bastardised by modern genes too much yet

Sounds good! My old-school seeds were confiscated 30 years ago, I'd love to have some of those :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

Yeah, its a shame. I think it's equivalent to all wines being Ernst & Gallo and All beers being Heineken.  Eventually, everyone starts wishing they'd bought booze from small producers as the mainstream starts seeming shite. Not like we had huge choice on the blackmarket those days... It was "How much do you want...?" then "It'll be [price]" and off we'd go essentially.

Back in the day it was only 1 kind of weed (with no silly names) and/or hash but it was more to my taste than modern 'high THC' dealer weed. I think the all beers being Heineken analogy is close but it's more like all beers being Special Brew and all wine being Buckfast, 'strong' uppy weed that just makes my anxiety worse, fuck that nonsense, I like a mellow stone or a psychedelic smoke, I don't want weed that hits me more like dirty speed :nea: Which is one of the many reasons I grow and don't buy dealer weed, cos I can select strains that are right for me (and that has precisely nothing to do with alleged THC percentage, I don't even look at that).

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

i wonder how many strains are pretty much the same as each other or closely related?

people just grabbing the big names of the moment and crossing them with other big names just for adulation, they never produce something new. this one has four big strains in one, so fucking what? lol

• Like 4

I did some critical sours not long ago, it wasn't just me as a friend said the same but omg what a fucking boring high. I've not really come across anything for awhile that I disliked so much. The weed was all pretty and smelled nice so it wasn't that but wow how shiite can a 'high' be?

Gimme a old shiva any day of the week :)

• Like 3

There's a reason so many of us are lookin at aulder genetics again these days :yep:

• Like 4

For older Asian genetics, Full Power Selections have some great landraces. I was too slow ordering the Double Dalai seeds this year 😓 A lot of the growers feature on the Irrazinig(Indian Landrace Exchange) insta page. There’s been a bit of a fallout regarding hybrids within that community also 😞